4 √

Chapter 4| School Field Trip With Jackass Jol And Rese Alvaro

"Seriously? A field trip? This what, the first one in three years? Now? Really?" Joey grumbles angrily as he stares down at a slip. I, on the other hand, grin happily as I skip out of the classroom. I skip past Jamie and her new bitch, Cole trying to talk to Charlie, and a surprised Celia and Gavin.

"Why the hell is she so happy?" Celia asked loudly through the hallway and my grin widened.

"Salmon's getting out of that hellhole today!" I yell back at her and she shakes her head, watching me book it for the front doors, "And there's a field trip tomorrow!" I add and I hear Celia snort. My field trip record hasn't been very clean in the past few years. Like, I didn't mean to break a record that had been sitting in its place for three decades. It was just in my way. 

I skipped outside and grinned at Marissa, who sat in her soccer mom minivan. 

"Come on, Caline! Let's go get Salmon!" She says excitedly. I jump into the passenger seat, and as she takes off at a soccer mom pace, I excitedly bounce in my seat, wondering if Salmon was alright. I mean he had to because he was coming home today.

"Are you sure you can handle him?" Marissa asks worriedly as she pulls into the Vet's parking lot. I shook my head and jumped out as soon as the car stopped.

"I can handle the big, furry monster, Marissa. It's nothing new." I say, giving her a reassuring smile. While I dreaded anything related to surgery, especially on those I loved, Salmon had made it out okay. 

"Ok..." She says reluctantly, giving me a small smile as I speed walk into the building. I hear an excited bark and I squeal as Salmon jumps on me like a little puppy. 

"Salmon! I missed you too!" I cooed, holding back happy tears to hug him tightly. I checked him over after a moment and my eyes became sad as I looked at the scar that ran down his side. His dark black coat had been shaved away.

He whines, licking my face. I smile at him and rub behind his ears gently.

"You're ok now, buddy." I tell him quietly before I stand up when Marissa comes walking over. She smiles and pats Salmon on the head in greeting before she shows me the bill. To my relief, it wasn't that expensive, but I still felt guilty for letting Marissa take care of this. I would've helped.

"Now let's get you two home. I'm sure you'll spend the rest of the day together." 

∞∞∞

"No! Really?" Charlie asks as we sit in my front yard. Salmon runs around reclaiming his territory as he had been doing for the past thirty minutes. I laughed every so often while watching him sniff around. 

"Yeah. That was a bad day. But it wasn't even my fault. Jackass Joey pushed me into it." I grumble, and she laughs at me and the nickname for Jol.

"Joey's not a bad guy." She defends and I scowl at the ground. Of course, Cole hasn't made a move yet. Of course, he was too cowardly to say anything about the two. Of course.

"Listen, Charlie. What do you think about Cole?" I ask and she pulls her brows together in confusion at my sudden question. Smooth, Caline, Smooth.

"I-I mean he's a n-nice guy." She stutters, a blush rising on her cheeks, and I narrow my eyes as I observe her reaction. 

Huh, maybe Coel has done something I'm not aware of. Interesting. "He kind of gives off that overbearing mother hen kind of vibe though." She adds and I snort, knowing exactly what she meant. From what I had seen, Cole was an overbearing mother hen.