24

Chapter 24| Rage, Rage, Rage

I had made myself a spy for the northern packs. I hadn't told anyone, I had just left. 

No one followed me, not even Siras, but I knew he would be close. He could talk to me through my own mind, so he wasn't far. 

I ran through the snowy woods, not sure exactly where I was going, I just went north, letting the cold wind whip across my face angrily. I had shifted somewhere between the mansion's front lawn and the woods. 

'You shifted inside the Mansion.' Siras say warily. I ignored him and I ran faster while the world blurring past me until I almost ran head-first into a building. I came to a fast halt, snorting at the brick wall in front of me. 

I listened closely, my ears twisting in every direction as I listened for anyone hiding from me. 

I froze as I heard a sniff that sounded eerily human. I looked behind me, seeing no one, so I slowly trotted around the side of the building, listening to the human sniffle and choke. He or she was crying. 

As I came around to the other side of the brick building, and I stopped when I saw a figure huddled over in the snow, shaking. I cautiously approached, my ears twitching as I waited for her to turn around and attack me or something. 

I snorted, alerting my presence and she spun around, scrambling up. I was not even close to prepared as she pointed a long and curved dagger at me, the end just touching my nose. I froze, my ears pinning themselves back. 

Well, shit

That made me shift back before I could even take a breath, holding my hands up to show her I wasn't a threat. I had gotten used to being naked in front of people by now, but it was still uncomfortable. 

"Hey, whoa, it's ok." I begin to say, but I couldn't even get a good look at her before I heard a growl behind me. I whipped around at the familiar sound, and I saw a body whiz past me, tackling the girl to the ground.

 "Holy Shit! Wolf!?" I yelled, watching as the familiar looking wolf snarled at the girl, who froze. 

The wolf looked back at me for a second, snorting, and I grinned wildly at him. He finally made it. 

I looked below the wolf, frowning at the girl that looked terrified. I walked over slowly, trying to be cautious and friendly at the same time. I didn't want enemies. 

"Who are you?" I ask her slowly, and her eyes snap over to look at me. "Where did you come from?" I ask again, trying to get her to say something.

 I whistled and the wolf snorted, climbing off the girl who scrambled to her feet, shaking from head to toe. She didn't seem like someone who would try and kill me. 

But that's what I thought about the last one...

"My name is Kalia," She says, her voice almost gone, "I'm from Tennessee River Basin Pack." Her words spark rage inside of me, and I growl at her, my eyes darkening. The wolf looked at me and then looked at the girl, mirroring my anger. Her eyes widened with fear. 

"Are you here to kill me?" I ask her, my hands itching to wrap themselves around her neck. She was one of them. She stood by and watched as I killed another wolf. 

She shook her head quickly, dropping her sword to the ground. 

"No–No, please. I'm not here to kill you–or anyone else. I escaped the pack–you have to understand, please, I've been running for so long." She says, whimpering as I growled at her again. I couldn't be sure if her words were true or not. "The Alpha's daughter–Sidra, she told me to tell you that's she's planning." She adds and I stop growling at her, furrowing my eyes together at the mention of Sidra.