16

Chapter 16| A Wolf Fight and a Meeting

I felt it rush through my bones as the doors opened. We were ready to fight like hell. 

The light blinded me only for a second before I lunged out of the dark cage and into a sunlit arena surrounded by roaring males and females. But I didn't back down and I kept myself from ducking under the closest thing to escape from the loud yelling. 

I looked in front of me and my rage sparked right up as soon as I saw a wolf standing there. 

He had the smell of the wolf all over him. He still had a little blood stained on his chest.

 I rumbled low in my throat, raising my hackles up angrily. The wolf copied my actions, getting into a defensive position as he began to study me. He was looking for my weaknesses. I tried not to let them show as I looked around, hearing the door shut behind me, sealing me inside.

My eyes snapped back to the wolf as he began to trot towards me. I growled at him warningly, pulling my lip up into a snarl. But he didn't stop and I only realized he was ready to fight me when he lunged for me. I rolled out of the way just in time, scrambling around him. I was quick to swipe my claws at his flank, drawing blood first. 

He spun around with rage in his eyes. 

As he lunged for me again, I studied him, watching curiously as his wolf seemed to be in full control, no sight of any human within him and yet I could smell the faint scent of a human on him, in his fur. 

But I knew, and my inner wolf knew that as long as the wolf was in control, he was faster than us. But he didn't know how to fight dirty like I did...

I let him tackle me to the ground, but before he could latch his jaws anywhere, I wiggled from underneath and jumped on top of him. We both snarled at each other dominantly. 

I thought of my plan as I tried to keep him down on the ground. 

I just needed to find his human within the wolf and then I needed a plan B to get said human outside the wolf. 

With a vibration on my back, I looked up, seeing the moon clearly in the midday sky, and my eyes lit up with a warm feeling inside my chest. I looked back down at the wolf right as he pushed me off, pinning me to the ground this time.

The arena erupted into snarls and yowls as we rolled around on top of each other, sinking our teeth into the first thing they met. The roar of the crowd was deafening and I couldn't think straight with all the distractions clouding my mind. 

I yowled as the wolf sank its teeth into my neck, shaking his head side to side sharply. I wiggled in his grasp trying to get out, but his teeth were locked into my skin tightly, and showing no signs of letting go. I felt my airway being slowly crushed as he bit down hard, and I stopped struggling, panting for air as he pinned me to the ground. 

Now would be a good time as any for some miracle to happen...

My mind flashed back to the hunting dog again, and then my eyes darkened as I stared at the wolf, knowing what to do. I rolled onto my side, pulling the wolf down with me, and out of surprise, the wolf let go of me altogether.

That's when I struck. 

It was fast and harsh as I bit down on his throat, tearing through his airway lividly. His whines were silenced as I shook my head from side to side, snapping his neck and ripping his throat out at the same time. 

The arena went dead silent as I snarled at the dead wolf, feeling power vibrate through my whole body, seeping into my veins. I looked down at my paws just in time to see them turn a glowing white before a warm feeling traveled across my body, igniting the fire in my veins. Then all the roaring of the crowd disappeared, and when I blinked, I found myself somewhere unfamiliar.