5 √

Chapter 5| Mansions, bitches, and a Motorcycle 

"I still don't like you." I tell Rese as we sit right outside the coffee shop. I could feel Celia looking at us through the window, glaring at me. She didn't want me to get in trouble.

"Oh, you don't have to like me, you're stuck with me." He says grinning roguishly, and I scoff, shoving him a little as I can't help but grin back at him.

"Is that so?" I ask and he nods, confidence oozing from him as he kept up that annoying grin on his face. I slapped his arm, "I'm not stuck with you, You're stuck with me. You should be lucky, I don't like a lot of people." I say and he hums, throwing an arm around my shoulder. I see Celia looking at us like she just saw a flying cow going over the moon. 

"I've noticed, Line." He hums, "Now come on, I have to show you something." He says, pulling me up from my chair. I look back at Celia, shrugging. She blinks as if she was offended by me running off with her semi-enemy. 

"Please don't tell me you're dragging me to an abandoned alley so you can kill me." I tell him and he looks back at me as if I was absolutely crazy. Then he laughs a little, and he stops me in front of an intersection. So he was going to push me into oncoming traffic then... 

"Silly girl, I'm giving you a ride home. Look." He says, tilting my head down for me. I immediately back up as I see the monster looking bike sitting by the curb of the sidewalk. I shake my head as Rese looks at me, grinning lightly.

"No. No way, Rese. I'm not getting on that." I tell him, crossing my arms. He picks a small helmet off the back of the bike and he walks towards me. I jump back even further, and he groans a little as I dodge him when he tried to grab me.

"Caline, it won't kill you. Just–can you stop, please? Can you stand still?" He asks, and I continue to shake my head and I dodge him. People look at us curiously as I squeal when he tries to grab me. His grin falls and frustration coats his face after a minute. "Caline, seriously, stand still. Caline!" He says, his voice rising in volume. As I jump back away from him once again he growls. My eyes widen in a sudden rush of fear as he yells at me loudly, his eyes clouding over. 

I stop moving around and he stays in his spot, looking at me; waiting for me to become sensible.

"Caline," He says in a quieter tone, noticing that I hadn't moved an inch. It was my natural instinct to freeze when someone yelled at me. "I'm sorry, can you please just come here. The bike won't hurt you, ok? I'll go slow." He adds, holding his right hand out towards me. When I don't move again, he walks forwards, bending down as he settles the helmet on my head. As he clips it on securely, his hands hover, ghosting down my jaw and my neck, settling on my shoulders. The buzzing warmth of his giant hands makes me unfreeze. "I'm sorry I yelled at you, Line." He says in a guilty tone. I shake my head, putting my hands on his chest lightly. God, when did he become a freaking mountain?

"It's fine, It's fine, Rese. What–What happened to your car?" I ask him, changing the subject. He smiles a little, snaking his hands from my shoulders down to my wrists. He pulls me towards the bike, and I can't help but squeal and laugh as he picks me up by my waist, setting me down on the bike. I sit there, waiting for him to tell me why we couldn't just drive–the safe option. 

"Oh, My car? It's at home, Line." He says, pulling his helmet on–making it look so sexy as he does it. I look down at his bike, and I notice something about it that made me look up at Rese.

"Um, where are you going to sit? I'm not a motorcycle person, but this is obviously one seat, Rese." I tell him, and as he grins at me wolfishly, I have to urge to jump off the big and run home. I scoot as forward as I could as he swung onto the bike behind me–because I was apparently small enough for him to operate the bike from behind me. Now he was just playing with me.