19

Chapter 19| The Luna Convention

Rese was the most unbelievable pricks in the world. But dammit, he was my prick so I had to deal with him. 

"W-Why?" I ask, gawking at him as he helps me up into the private plane. Rese had gotten a four-passenger jet and declared that only he and I were to be on it for the next two and half a hours. His parents didn't seem to have any oppositions to it and Russet looked smug for some reason.

"Because I can, Sugar. I'm the future alpha, I can do whatever I want whenever I want." He says, sitting down right next to me as we faced the front of the plane. I turned to him and narrowed my eyes. 

"I hope you don't keep that mindset when you become alpha, Alvaro." I tell him, and he gives me a brilliant smile, saying nothing in response. I roll my eyes, knowing that I would have to keep him in check when he became alpha. Lord knows the boy would burn everything one way or another. I'd be the one with the fire extinguisher. 

I looked away from Rese as the door closed, and the single flight attendant sat down next to the pilot in the cockpit, giving us privacy as if she knew why we were the only two on here. Fuck

"Good Morning. Our flight will be a short two and a half hours. The weather seems to be clear today, so enjoy the flight." The pilot announces, and my stomach churns as the plane rolls back to taxi to the runway. I look out the window on my side, and I let out a breath when I see the other two private jets–which were much larger than this one–getting ready to roll back as well. 

"Hey, Sugar, you ok?" Rese asks, grabbing my hand and stroking his thumb across my skin. I look over at him with a pathetic smile, nodding. I was totally fine. I wasn't about to die or anything. He gives me a concerned look, and I take another deep breath. He wasn't helping. 

"I just hate planes," Before he could say anything I continued, "But I'll be fine." I add, and he nods slowly, not letting go of my hand as the plane begins to speed up on the runway for takeoff.  As soon as the plane lifts off from the ground, I grip Rese's hand tightly, feeling my stomach drop.

"So, do you want to join the mile high club?" Rese asks as soon as ground vanishes beneath the clouds. My head whips over, and I give him a flat look. This boy was insane

"Umm–no. I'd rather die." I tell him, and he grins at me wildly, putting a hand over his heart. 

"Ouch, Sugar. Ouch. That's a strong statement." He says, and I roll my eyes, nudging him with my elbow as I looked out the window again. Rese squeezes my hand, but I don't turn to him. "I'm sorry I didn't find you sooner." He says quietly, and this time I look back at him. After a second, I turn my body, pulling my feet up into the chair with me. 

"Rese, you're not blaming yourself for me getting taken," I tell him firmly, "It wasn't your fault, and there was no way you would have known. Please don't blame yourself, It was my fault." I add, and he looks down at his lap, making me frown at him. There was no way he couldn't have prevented it anyway. He shouldn't blame himself. 

"I'm going to make up our date because, to be honest, the last one kind of sucked," Rese suddenly said, his head snapping up. I raised an eyebrow questioningly. "Don't give me that look, it did suck. So once we get over all this war bullshit, I'm going to take you to the most romantic and most beautiful place in the whole world." He says, and I grin a little, leaning closer to him. 

"Ok then, Alvaro, you can try, but you'll never figure out where the most beautiful place is for me." I tell him in a quiet whisper, and his grin sharpens possessively. Without warning, he leans forward and kisses me gently. I felt my heart flutter as he did so, and when he pulled away I couldn't wipe the smile nor the blush off my face.