Mistletoe

A/N: Hey I just wanted to say thank you for all the support this story is getting! Everyone has been leaving such nice and funny comments that always bring a smile to my face when I read them. Especially after the last chapter. I really appreciate it! I love that people are liking this story. And so, anyway, here it is! Some much needed logicality! Happy Holidays, guys, and Merry Christmas Eve! Stay positive!

-Logan-

It was Christmas Eve. Tomorrow was the holiday everyone was so hyped up about. Well, it was mostly Patton and Roman. Virgil's favorite holiday was Halloween, of course, but he still enjoyed the holiday. Me? I do not know. It was not as if I did not like the holiday, I just did not really get why everyone was so overly excited about it. It was just like any other day, except you got presents. Right?

In any case, I was headed over to Patton and Virgil's house. Me, Virgil, and Patton have been having Christmas together for the past three years - it was sort of like tradition for our families at this point - and this year would be the first Christmas with Roman back.

When I got to his house, which did not take very long, I knocked on the door. Voices and some shuffling could be heard from inside before Patton appeared at the door. "Hey, Logy!" he chirped, smiling widely at me.

"Salutations, Patton." I greeted in return. More noises could be heard from inside. I raised my eyebrows and tried to look over Patton's head, "What is going on in there?"

Patton looked confused for a second, then realization seemed to come over him and he explained, "Oh, that? That's just Roman and Virgil."

"What are they doing?"

Patton let out the cutest of giggles, "We were watching Christmas movies, and Roman accidentally spilled popcorn all over Virgil, so now Virgil's chasing him all over the house." a CRASH came from inside, followed by a scream and a loud, triumphant 'HA!'.

"That does sound like them." I commented with a smirk.

Patton laughed, "Yeah. Come on, let's get inside and stop them before they kill each other." I nodded and followed him inside, the door clicking shut behind me. We walked side-by-side into the living room.

"What the - ?" I started to say. Roman was on the floor, looking as if he had just been vaulted over the couch onto the ground - which he probably had been - and he was trying to block himself from Virgil, who was currently pelting him with pillows.

I glanced at Patton, who looked like he was trying to hold back a giggle. "Virgil!" He called, rushing over to get between them.

Roman crawled backward until his back was pressed against the wall, "Save me!" he exclaimed dramatically.

"Get out of the way." Virgil hissed, preparing another pillow.

Patton put his hands on his hips, "Virgil, you can't kill Roman!" Virgil stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. Patton sighed, "Besides, Logan's here." he gestured over to me.

Virgil lowered the pillow he was holding and looked over to me, "Oh. Hey, mom."

I glared at him, feeling my cheeks heat up, "Would you mind not calling me that?" I asked, annoyed.

Virgil rolled his eyes, "Oh, come on. You like it because that means that Patton - "

"cHaNgE oF SuBjEcT pLeAsE!"

Virgil smirked at me, "Whatever you say, mom."

"Okay, okay! Let's not fight, alright kiddos?" Patton interjected, giving his brother a meaningful look.

Virgil sniffed, dropping the pillows and flopping back down onto the couch, "Fine. I won't kill prince charming over here." he gestured to Roman.

"And?" Patton prompted.

Virgil let out a long, dragged-out sigh. "And I'll stop teasing Logan. Happy?"

"Very!" Patton chirped, turning his head to send me a huge smile that made me feel like there were a thousand butterflies fluttering around in my stomach. "Now why don't we finish our Christmas movie marathon?"

Roman got up from off the floor, "Yes, please!" He leapt over the top of the couch and landed next to Virgil. He grinned widely at him, causing Virgil to roll his eyes, "You're lucky I love you." he growled, and Roman chuckled, "Yes I am."

I sat down on the other end of the couch, and Patton sat next to me. He played the movie.

As the movie continued, I started to get bored/annoyed. We were watching 'The Nightmare Before Christmas' at Virgil's request. Normally, it was a movie that all of us enjoyed, but we were on the scene where Sally drugs her father with nightshade so he falls asleep so she can sneak away again (that is literally what happens) and I could not stop thinking about how illogical it would be for her father to fall for that more than once (it says that she has done that multiple times). So, I looked away from the movie to focus on something else for a while.

Virgil was leaning against Roman, who was playing with his hair. I smiled a little to myself. They were a cute couple. Ever since the whole escapade with Virgil's previous parents, Virgil had stuck to Roman like glue, and Roman would go to the ends of the earth for Virgil. I looked down at Patton, and my smile grew. I knew that I would go to the ends of the earth for him, as illogical as that seems.

Patton looked tired. He usually did fall asleep during movies. He eyes were already half closed and he looked like he might fall asleep any second. I leaned forward and tapped on his shoulder, "Are you tired?" Patton looked up at me with a sleepy expression on his face. He nodded and yawned, turning so he was facing towards me. "Here - you can just sleep on my shoulder. I will wake you up when the movie is over."

Patton nodded again, closing his eyes fully as he snuggled into me. I felt my heart rate speed up. I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. He smiled in response, hugging me and burying his face into my shoulder. "I love you Logy~" he murmured sleepily with another yawn.

"I love you as well, Patton." I kissed the top of his head, and he let out a little giggle.

After a minute or two, the sound from the TV stopped and I looked up in confusion. The movie had been paused. I looked over at Roman and Virgil and found only Virgil sitting there, holding the remote as he looked at something behind us. I turned my head to see what he was looking at, and then found myself looking up at Roman. He had a huge grin on his face and he was holding something over our heads in his hand.

Before I saw what it was, I felt Patton move in my arms and looked down. His face was lifted from where it had been rested on my chest, and he was looking up at me. His wide eyes flickered from me, to Roman's hand over my head, and back again. I was unprepared for what happened next.

"Are you alright, Patt - !!" I was cut off when Patton suddenly threw his arms around my neck and pulled me into a kiss. I was very startled at first, feeling my heartbeat quicken and my face go red. But before I even had a chance to process what was happening, Patton pulled away.

"I - um - s-sorry - there was . . um . ." he mumbled, clearly embarrassed, then pointed up without looking at me. But I already knew what Roman was holding. I glanced up to be sure.

Mistletoe.

"Patton."

He didn't look up.

"Patton."

When he still didn't look up, I took a hand and tipped his chin up so he had to look at me. I smiled fondly down at him, not even caring how red my face must have been. Then I leaned down and placed a kiss on his lips. It was gentle and soft and we both smiled into it.

Roman and Virgil both cheered for us. When we finally had to break apart, Patton hugged me tightly and cuddled into my side.

Maybe I could really get into this whole Christmas season thing after all.