Frosting

~Roman~

I woke up from a wonderful dream one morning feeling in quite a good mood. I threw my favorite red-and-gold Disney themed blankets off and got out of bed. The first thing I did was check my calendar, as I do every day. It's been a whole two months since the whole ordeal with Virgil's parents. And that's when I remembered. Today was Christmas Eve's Eve! Three days before the holiday began - there was work to be done.

I slipped on cozy white skinny jeans and a red Christmas sweater that said 'Happy Holidays!' in gold cursive writing. Quickly fixing my hair and looking in the mirror, I thought I looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.

School was out, obviously, because of the holidays, so I had the whole day ahead of me to look forward to. I went over everything I still had to do to get ready for Christmas in my head. Presents for the family? Check. Ample supply of mistletoe (you can never be too prepared)? I looked in my closet. Check. Decorations? I looked around my room, my hand on my hips as I surveyed my work. Holiday lights and streamers covered the walls. Little nutcrackers and miniature snowmen stood on every desk, counter, and dresser. Everything was covered in a light sprinkling of red, green, and white glitter. Tinsel was thrown about the room on various objects and a small glittering tree stood in the corner. That was a check. So what had I still to do?

I thought a little harder, closing my eyes as I did so. What about Christmas cookies? Patton definitely had that covered. Check. I know I got a present for Patton (cat-themed of course). Check. What about Logan? Yes - I spent hours on that screen play. Check. Now, as for Virgil . . .

I opened my closet door and walked inside. At the very back, hidden under a pile of Disney posters I had had to take down to hang up decorations, was Virgil's present. I smiled myself, thinking of him. I hoped he liked it. Hiding it back under the posters, I walked back out into my room, closing the closet door behind me.

That's when I remembered something. I told Patton that I would come over to help decorate Christmas cookies. I had an eye for design, and Patton could be a bit clumsy sometimes - well, a lot of the time, actually. Virgil would be there to help, too, since Patton's mom officially adopted him. He and Patton are brothers now! So, after I got some breakfast, I headed over to Patton and Virgil's house.

>Virgil<

Patton went to get the last batch of Christmas cookies out of the oven, which would have given me the perfect chance to steal a cookie from one of the earlier batches, but there was a knock at the door the moment Patton had his back turned.

"Could you get it, Virgil? I don't want the cookies to burn." Patton asked me, putting on his oven mits.

I let out a long, exaggerated sigh. Patton turned around and gave me a look. I threw up my hands in defeat. "Fine, fine! I got it."

I trudged out of the kitchen, giving the cookies one last, longing gaze, and went to the front door. I unlocked it and opened it just enough to peek out at the front step. And when I saw the person standing there, I'm fairly certain my heart stopped. It was Roman - of course it was, Patton had told me he was coming over to help out today, how could I forget that? - and he looked hot, in a cute Christmas sweater and skinny jeans.

"Hey, Kitten!" he immediately greeted cheerfully upon seeing me.

Trying my best to gather myself back up, I smirked, "Hey yourself, pretty boy." I opened the door wider and leaned against the frame.

He ran his fingers through his hair and chuckled, and I found myself wondering if he was so perfect that he just woke up like that, no work needed at all. "So we're bringing that nickname back, are we?" he looked at me for a long moment. "Hot Topic, huh?" he gestured to the shirt I was wearing.