Movie Night

>Virgil<

Roman was trying to find the right movie in the cabinet next to the TV while I was setting down snacks on the coffee table. He exhaled sharply and sat back, "How hard is it to find one DVD? HOW?!" he exclaimed dramatically. "I can't find it."

I sighed and knelt down next to him, "I know he has it. Let me try - move over prince charming!" he moved to the side to let me look for it, looking like he was trying to squash a smile. "Be my guest." he said, watching as I rummaged through all the Disney movies.

After a couple minutes of looking, I pulled out Maleficent with a triumphant 'AHA!'. Roman gaped at me, "Wha - Where did you find it?!"

"It was on the bottom of the pile in the back." I explained, handing it to him with a smirk.

He glared at me halfheartedly and stood up, "You're lucky you're so cute, kitten." I almost doubled over in shock. Did he just call me cute and his kitten in the same sentence? But before I could say anything, or even fully process what he said, Logan walked into the room with a load of pillows in hand. Great, now I'm all red and Logan's gonna see.

Logan looked from Roman - who was still looking at me and hadn't notice him yet - to me - a blushy mess on the floor. He smirked at me and I hoped he hadn't overheard our conversation. Then he put the pillows down on the couch and Patton came in a few seconds later with a bunch of blankets.

We all sat on the couch as Roman put the movie in. Logan sat down on the far left side of the couch, and Patton curled up next to him. I sat down the the far right side of the couch. Roman got the movie playing, then sat down in the middle of the couch between me and Patton, pulling a fluffy golden blanket over himself.

As the movie went on, and as it got darker outside, I started to get cold. I went to pull my hoodie closer around me, then realized that I had left it on the kitchen counter when I was getting the snacks. I shivered as a wave of cold swept over me. I huddled into myself, but it didn't really help. I shivered again, a little more violently this time.

I noticed something shift next to me and felt something warm touch my arm for a moment. Not thinking, I curled into that heat. Then I realized. The warmth I was curling into was Roman.

Shit.

~Roman~

I was adjusting my blankets slightly, watching the movie, when I felt my arm brush something cold. I glanced away from the movie for a second to see what it was, when I felt someone curl loosely into my side. I looked down, and was mildly surprised to see it was Virgil. He was shivering.

"Virgil?" I whispered, "You okay?"

He froze, not responding at first. Then I heard him murmur something like 'whatever, fuck it' under his breath. "I'm cold, so I'm stealing your warmth, so shut up." he said, only loud enough so I could hear, and poked me.

I chuckled, lifting the blankets up a little. He crawled under and snuggled into my side. I was a little surprised at how cold he was, but I didn't pull away. Instead, I draped the fluffy golden blankets over us and wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer to me. He let out a small sigh of contentment and buried his face in my chest.

I had a weird feeling that this was how things were supposed to be - Virgil cuddled into my side with my arms around him. I held him a little tighter, not wanting to ever let go. I wanted this to last forever. I suddenly felt a pang of hatred toward his parents for ever trying to keep us apart. They couldn't do that. They couldn't keep me from Virgil. He was my kitten. Virgil was mine.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by whispering, and then Patton getting up, yawning, and saying, "I'm gonna go get another blanket."

I felt Virgil lift his head slightly, then he pulled away from me. Noo! Come back, kitten! "I need to use the bathroom. Be right back." he said, his voice quiet and tired. He yawned and got up from the couch, trailing out of the room and leaving me alone. Well, I mean, Logan was there, but still.

*Patton*

I was immersed in the movie, leaned forward slightly, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned, and Logan was there. He was a bit too close to my face, and I felt my heart jump. "I think it is time to put our plan in action." he whispered to me. A feeling of nervousness washed over me, because that meant it was time to put my plan into action, too.

I nodded, and whispered back, "Okay!" I stood up and yawned before saying to everyone, "I'm gonna go get another blanket." I glanced at Logan, and could tell he was trying not to correct me about it being pronounced 'going to' not 'gonna'.

I walked off behind the couch. Roman and Virgil were cuddled up together - they looked so cute! I felt a little bad, tapping Virgil on the shoulder - carefully, as to not alert Roman - and signalling for him to follow me.

Virgil slowly pulled away from Roman, who looked more than a bit disappointed. "I need to use the bathroom. Be right back." he mumbled, then followed me out of the room.

I led him back to my room, which was down the hall past the kitchen (we have a one-story house), and closed the door behind me - but only partially, making sure to leave it open a crack. Then I turned to Virgil after flipping on the lights.

He hissed at the sudden brightness and covered his face with his hands, sitting down on the bed. "What do you want?" he sounded annoyed, "I was warm and comfortable."

I giggled, "I noticed." I could tell he was blushing, even though his hands covered most of his face. "But that's not why I pulled you away."

Virgil sighed and leaned back against the wall, lowering his hands as his eyes slowly adjusted to the light. "Well then, what?"

"I just - I needed to talk to you." I said, and bit my lip, "But, I mean, you don't . . you don't have to listen, I just thought - "

"No, no, it's fine Patton." he said quickly, "What's up?"

"Well . . ." I glanced at the door. It's now or never, Patton. I took a deep breath, "You know Logan?" He nodded, and I continued, "I think . . . I think I have a crush on him."

Virgil smirked, "Oh, I know."

"I-I don't know what to do, because I know he can't like me that way too, right?" I stammered.

Virgil scoffed, "He definitely has a crush on you too, trust me." He glanced around, as if he thought Logan might pop up from under the bed or something, then leaned forward and lowered his voice a little, "You have no idea how many times he's hung out with just me or just me and Roman and went on whole overly-complicated rants about how cute you are."

I felt a deep blush rise to my cheeks. That was not the answer I was expecting, but my hopes rose. Was that true? Did Logan like me? I almost forgot what I was supposed to be doing. "I have something else to ask you, too."

"Shoot."

"Do you have a crush on Roman?"

Virgil instantly froze up, and his cheeks became a bright red color. "W-What?"

I grinned, "I thought you did, and Logan says you do, but I was curious if we were right or not."

Virgil crossed his arms and glared at me, his face very red, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

"Oh, come on," I prompted, sitting down on the bed next to him, "You can tell me - I won't judge!" I glanced at the door. Surely they must be listening by now.

Virgil shifted and looked down at his hands. He let out a long sigh, "Well . . ." he paused, then shrugged, "Fine. I might, kinda, maybe have a small . . giant crush on Roman." he glanced at me (I had a huge smile on my face), then sighed again, "But, I mean, not like it matters."

I tilted my head, "Why's that?"

"Because I'm not brave enough to tell him." he said, a bit sadly, "And my parents would never accept it."

And that's when we heard someone growl, "SCREW YOUR PARENTS!" and the door swung open.