Tension

[Over Text]

Virgil: hey prince charming

Roman: never gonna get tired of u calling me that

Roman: what's up

Virgil: my dad fricking grounded me 4 being friends with u

Roman: !?

Virgil: im so pissed like he cant do that!

Roman:

Virgil: Roman?

Roman: im coming over

Virgil: wHaT

Virgil: nononononoBADIDEA

Virgil: ROman

>Virgil<

"Shit." I cursed under my breath. I started to panic. If he actually punches my dad in the face, I'm never going to be able to talk to him again - my parents will make sure of that. I thought.

I threw open my door and sprinted down the hall. Just as I was reaching the bottom of the stairs, I heard a knock at the door. My dad went to answer it and got there just as I reached the entrance to the front hall from the kitchen.

My dad opened the door, and there was Roman, in all his glory. My father froze when he saw who it was.

"Hi!" Roman said cheerfully.

"What - what are you doing here?" my dad said gruffly.

Roman smiled and stepped a little into the house, ignoring how my dad was trying to edge in front of the door frame to keep him outside. "Well, as you know, I've just moved back into the neighborhood. I just wanted to see Virgil again, since we haven't talked in so long." he looked down the hallway into the house and spotted me. He winked at me.

"Virgil's not allowed to see any friends - he's grounded at the moment." my dad explained harshly, currently trying to push Roman back inside.

Roman looked up at my dad and raised his eyebrows, "Really? And why is that?" he asked innocently.

My dad fidgeted uncomfortably for a moment, unsure of what to say. Finally, he said, "None of your business."

Roman chuckled and stepped farther into the hallway, "Actually, it is my business, because I have reason to believe that he's grounded because of me. Is that correct?"

My dad was taken aback. He stared at Roman, who was still smiling happily, "H-How do you know that?"

Roman smirked, "So I'm right." God, he's so cocky and I love it. "Well then, what did I do to cause him to get grounded?" My father opened his mouth to reply, but Roman cut him off, "You know, if you have a problem with me, don't take it out on Virgil. Talk to me."

My dad seemed to regain himself and straightened to his full height, "Fine. I don't want you around my son."

"Oh?" Roman asked, raising an eyebrow, "And why is that?"

"I don't want him hanging around gay perverts like you."

Surprisingly, Roman didn't punch him. He dropped his smile, though. "Really?" Roman sneered, stepping forward so he was nearly eye-to-eye with my dad. "You don't want him around someone who's gay, but you're perfectly fine with having him around ignorant and oppressive parents who won't accept him? Funny." they stood there for a few long moments, and tension running heavy in the air.

Finally, my dad spoke. "Get out." Roman paused, and glanced at me. I gave him a look like 'it's not worth it'. He shrugged, turned, and walked out the door with his head held high.