Bus Ride

>Virgil<

I walked with Roman to second period after the bell rang. I had third period with Patton, then fourth with Roman and Logan. Logan and Patton were in my fifth period, and then we met up with Roman for sixth period, which we were all in together.

After the bell signalling the end of school rang, I slung my backpack over my shoulder and turned to Roman, "Hey, do you take the bus?"

Roman nodded, "Yeah, I do. Or I'm going to. My mom drove me to school today because we both overslept and missed the bus." he explained. "But I'm gonna take the bus back home."

"Oh, cool." I said as we walked out the door. The four of us walked to the bus loop, talking all the way. The bus pulled up a little late and we climbed on. Logan and Patton sat together (of course), which left only a couple of seats left.

Roman sat down in the seat behind Logan and Patton, looked up at me and patted the seat next to him. I sat down next to him, set down my backpack, and pulled my hood over my face. I knew my face must be at least a light shade of pink, sitting this close to him.

As the bus rumbled along, I started to feel drowsy. It had been a long day of school and I was tired. After a while, my eyelids started to get heavy . . .

~Roman~

I was staring out the window absentmindedly when I felt a weight on my shoulder. I looked down to see that Virgil had fallen asleep and his head was resting on my shoulder. His chest rose and fell slowly as he breathed. He looked so cute, I couldn't help but smile.

I moved a little to make him more comfortable, and he cuddled closer to me in his sleep, his face buried in my shoulder. I felt my heart flutter and a light blush dusted my cheeks. I've only been with him for a day, and all of my feelings for him have already crashed back down on me. I guess I should admit, I have a bit of a crush on Virgil. I have for a long time - ever since we met in 5th grade. I thought he was kinda cute, but he never talked, so I never got to know him. Until I asked him to be in my group for the project we did that year. Best decision of my life!

I realized I was staring at him and looked away quickly. Patton was leaned over the top of his seat and was smirking at me. "Comfy there, Roman?"

I felt my face flush a deeper red, "Oh, hush! You'll wake him."

Patton giggled, "You two are adorable!" he turned to the side, "Logan, look at this."

"No!" I protested.

Logan appeared over the seat, "What is it Pa - oh my god that is precious."

I groaned, "Not you too!" just then, Virgil moved and grunted in his sleep. He looked like he might wake up. Turning my attention back to him, I reached up and started playing with his hair, knowing that the motion would calm him. Sure enough, he soon relaxed and leaned further into me.

"Aww~" Patton smiled at us, "So cute!"

"Indeed." Logan agreed.

They sat back down and left me alone for the rest of the bus ride home.