Ch. 24

By the time the boys had finished getting ready it was 7:40pm. "Remember if your need us for anything call or text us. I don't care if its about something major like the place catches on fire, or something minor like you're super majorly board." Roman stated as they were headed towards the door. Marie rolled her eyes, "I will be fine Joe-Joe! I'm a big girl, I can take care of myself. Go out and enjoy your night. I know ever since I showed up you've been missing out on things." She replied with a slight frown. Roman frowned as well. He knew right about now she was probably feeling like she was nothing more than a burden to them. Oh how wrong she is! "Hey. You know you're my little sis and you mean everything to me right?" He asked. Marie nodded her head wondering where he was going with this. "Then you know that you could never be a burden to me and besides I'm not really a party kind of guy am I?" He questioned with a playful smirk. Marie blushed in embarrassment that her brother knew her inner thoughts without her having to say anything. She sighed, "Yeah you've never been much of a partier or socializer for that matter." She laughed, "Exactly! So I'll go sit though this tortuous socializing, swallow a drink or two, then we'll walk back and go to bed." "No. What you'll do is call me when you boys are ready to come back and I'll come pick you up in the car." She replied with a no nonsense tone of voice. Roman sighed, "Alright whatever makes you happy." As one Roman, Dean, and Seth headed to the door. "Have fun, be safe, and don't make it into the papers!" Marie shouted. She could hear them chuckling as they headed down the hallway.

By the time they made it to the lobby it was 7:50pm. Finn greeted them with a giant smile. "Hey lads! I was beginning to think you wouldn't show." "Yeah we did get here a little latter then we planned, but that's because Roman here decided to be all over protective." Seth stated without thinking before his eyes as well as Roman and Dean's got all wide after realizing what he had just said. Finn quirked an eyebrow. "Protective? Over who, that lass who was wearing the face mask?" He asked in curiosity. Rubbing at the back of his neck in nervousness, Seth thought quickly. "Yeah. She's a friend of our that's visiting for a while. Big Dog here doesn't like the thought of us leaving her alone by herself for the night. He's always been a bit over protective of her, yah know?" Finn chuckled. "Well it's good you care so much about the lass. She seems like a nice one." The boys just nodded their heads in agreement before all four of them headed to the club down the street.