Chapter 1: Frozen Heart

Walking down to the forest, you felt alone again yet calm. The forest's songs of birds, crickets, winds, and the light was just right. A place of tranquility. But something also felt off. The smell of burning wood and the scent of ash. Fire...

Your heart started to beat quickly in fear. Of course, you were frozen in place, unable to move a limb. The gray smoke started to spread throughout the forest, chocking your lungs. Coughing, your legs began to feel heavy and your eyelids closing as they burned. 

Weakly, you screamed, "Help!" But you were sequestered in the forest... and you had no Quirk. Nothing to help protect yourself from the flames.

But from the corner of your eye, a blurry figure appeared. Half of his hair was white and the other was red. A burned blotch over his left eye... what happened to this person? You wondered to yourself. This person spoke, but it was distorted... from your ears, you heard, "Why are you here?! I got you!"

And you passed out due to the inhalation of smoke. But the feeling of his strong arms around your body to hold you up... and the wind blowing in your face as he ran away from the smoke...

*   *   *

"Are you okay?" Your eyes blinked away the blurry vision. His voice was stern, yet kind. His eyes that shined with different colors. He knelt closer to you, "Hey... are you okay?" He repeats.

Struggling to nod and speak, you blinked your eyes in acknowledgement. "Y-Yeah..."

He smiles as he sits back. "I'm Shoto Todoroki. Most people call me Todoroki... so... yeah. I don't mind whatever you want to call me. What about you?"

"I'm (y/n) (l/n)." You smile weakly, finally gaining the ability to move your tingly hands. The breaths you took were fresh from the trees, not like the burning wood that still lingered in your lungs and throat. The taste of it was still there... "What was that?" You asked him.

"The fire?" You nodded. "Training... I was practicing my fire Quirk... I thought I was isolated there. Sorry you got caught up with all that... my apologies. Really." He chuckles softly. "Anyways... you need to get out of here. Get all that smoke out of your lungs and recover more strength. Wanna head down to downtown?"

You smiled, "Yeah, let's go." Todoroki smiled and took your hand with his right. Taking it with your left hand, something just felt like it passed throughout your body. 

Some kind of warmth... but he wasn't using his Quirk at all. It was just his... hand... his body warmth? Maybe. You couldn't tell. But you did know was something growing inside you... a feeling. A feeling towards this boy, Shoto Todoroki. 

Well... how's this for my first MHA/BNHA fanfic, am I right? Heh, hopefully I can keep writing this and keep growing to different animes. I know I'm very centered around LeviHan of AOT, so I want to expand. Hopefully you enjoy the rest of this!

~Luna Yakamoto