36

Flashback; Two years earlier

 Eliza arrived home from work to find Johnny in the kitchen, trying his best to cook dinner for the two of them

Eliza arrived home from work to find Johnny in the kitchen, trying his best to cook dinner for the two of them. A smile formed on his lips when he saw her enter the trailer, "Hey," He greeted her before continuing to cook.

"You're really trying to pull off the cooking thing, aren't ya, Johnny?" Eliza asked with a smile on her face as she set down the keys to her motorcycle before walking a bit closer to Johnny.

"It's our three year anniversary, Liza, I was trying to do something special." He informed her.

"Well, if the cooking thing doesn't turn out to be a success, there's always Plan B," Eliza commented, holding up a six pack of beer she had bought in one hand and a Chinese takeout menu in the other.

Johnny smiled slightly, letting out a sigh as he turned off the stove, "Yeah, plan B sounds great right about now."

"I always forget, where do we usually keep the bottle opener?" Eliza asked Johnny curiously as she walked over to the drawer that was located to the right of the sink.

"Eliza, no, don't--" Johnny began to say as Eliza began to open the drawers.

Her mouth gaped open and her eyes widened when she found a small, red, rectangular box in the drawer. She slowly opened it, only to find a diamond ring inside. Her lips curled into a large smile as she quickly turned to Johnny.

"I was going to ask you after dinner, but you totally ruined the moment," Johnny jokingly told her and Eliza laughed as she rushed over to him, immediately cupping his neck before kissing him.

Eliza pulled away from kissing Johnny and looked up at him, a bright smile on her face, "We've talked about wanting to spend the rest of our lives together over a dozen times, I wanted to make it official." Johnny informed her and Eliza nodded her head.

"Well, it's a yes from me, Johnny." Eliza smiled before they both leaned forward, kissing once more.

END OF FLASHBACK

Eliza groaned in annoyance when her third attempt at toasting bread in the toaster came up burnt once again, "Oh, come on," She cursed under her breath.

"Yummy," Johnny commented as he walked into the kitchen wearing just boxers, "Is that burnt toast I smell?" He asked her jokingly.

"I just bought this damn toaster last month and it's already broken!" Eliza complained to her husband, "Six pieces! Six!"

Johnny chuckled as he stood in back of Eliza, wrapping his arms around her. He pressed a quick kiss to her neck, "Hey, it looks better than anything they ever served during my sentence at Leopold and Loeb. Also, I'm not really hungry right now. Well, not for food, at least," He paused, smirking, causing Eliza to playfully roll her eyes, clearly knowing what he meant.

"You're such a horny bastard sometimes," Eliza commented, beginning to laugh as she turned her body around to face him. She wrapped his arms around his neck, pulling his face down closer to her own before kissing him. 

She pulled away after a moment, smiling up at him, "Happy Aniversary." She told him and Johnny immediately smiled back at her.

"Five years together, who would have thought we would have lasted that long," Johnny playfully said, knowing it would get Eliza annoyed.

She scoffed, playfully slapping him on the chest, which caused Johnny to laugh, "I'm kidding! Chill, Liza. Even FP's rooting for us. We're what they call, 'A Power Couple.'" He told her and Eliza rolled her eyes.

"Really? FP has time to do that while spending every second of the day in bed with Gladys?" Eliza commented, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Are you jealous that FP is now spending all of his time with his wife and barely acknowledges his best friend?" Johnny asked and Eliza tried her best to lie.

"No, of course not!" Eliza exclaimed, trying her hardest to lie to Johnny, which was the hardest thing ever.

"I can tell when you're lying, Eliza. Remember that." Johnny reminded her.

"Okay, okay, fine, fine. I happen to be jealous. It's just...it feels like I don't even have him as a friend anymore. And why did he have to pick Gladys, of all people, to be with?" She ranted to Johnny, who gave her an amused look.

"You really despise her, don't you?" Johnny asked Eliza, who ignored his question and walked toward the hallway that lead to the three bedrooms of the trailer.

Eliza's trailer, which happened to formerly belong to her deceased father, happened to be the largest trailer in Sunnyside, which came in luck for things like what Eliza was planning to tell Johnny when he followed her down the hallway.

Johnny walked down the hallway, only to find Eliza standing in the doorway of the bedroom they used for storage, "What are you thinking about, Liza?" He asked his wife curiously as he stood beside her.

"I was thinking..." She trailed off, causing Johnny to give her a slightly concerned look as she slowly turned to him, a small smile on her face, "We're going to need to get rid of the crap in this room that we don't need if we're going to make it a nursery in a couple months."

It took Johnny a short moment to realize what Eliza meant before his mouth gaped open in shock, "Are you saying that you're..." He asked, glancing down at Eliza's stomach, which Eliza had her hand placed on. He looked back up at Eliza, who smiled and nodded, "No way, really? I'm going to be a dad? I'm going to be a dad! We're going to be parents!" He exclaimed, clearly ecstatic.

Eliza laughed out as Johnny lifted her up off the ground, spinning her in a circle before setting her back down, pressing his lips against hers.

Johnny and Eliza didn't believe life could get any better than the five years they spent together, but that day, they were proven wrong. A new chapter of their lives started that day. But when a new chapter came, new conflicts and obstacles came around also.

In Eliza and Johnny's case, the threat coming against them was like nothing they had faced before.