26

Johnny walked out of the Whyte Wyrm with Eliza's jacket in her hand

Johnny walked out of the Whyte Wyrm with Eliza's jacket in her hand. It was scorching hot in the Serpent bar since the heat was stuck at eight degrees and somehow, no one was able to turn it off. He looked up to see it was snowing outside and about two inches of snow covered the ground. The sun had already set, making the sky become dark. He sighed, wondering where Eliza could be.

He heard a scream from down the street, causing his eyes to widen in shock before he began to run in the direction he heard it. He had a concerned look on his face when he stopped walking, only to look down to see drops of blood on the ground with the brass knuckles he had gifted Eliza a couple days before on the ground next to it, "Eliza? Eliza!" Johnny shouted out worriedly, only to get no answer.

_______

Eliza couldn't see where she was. Her hands were tied behind her back and her head was covered with a black bag. Her mouth was covered with tape, making her unable to scream. Two unknown people lifted her up out of the trunk of the car she was trapped in before bringing her inside.

Soon enough, she was sat down on a chair before the bag was removed from her head. She looked around to see that she was in the basement of a house. It reeked of weed and liquor, just as the Whyte Wyrm did. Her eyes locked on a group of people packaging drugs of some sort before she turned her head to see three men standing in front of her. One of them was shirtless as he wore a robe that had skulls on it. Slowly, he took a step forward, removing the tape from Eliza's mouth, causing her to wince a bit.

Eliza growled angrily, tugging at the rope tied tying her to the chair, "Where am I?" She asked in a low tone, only to get no answer, "I won't ask again. Where am I?"

The unknown man laughed at her. He looked to be only a few years older than her, "Your Serpent royalty doesn't apply here, princess. So cut the attitude," he told her, "You're in my house. The House of the Dead."

"What the hell is the House of the Dead?" She asked him, a confused look on her face.

"Good. You and your snake associates don't know about us yet," He responded, causing Eliza to frown in concern, "We're an up and coming gang on the Southside of town. Soon enough, we'll be taking all the power you and your gang have on this side of town and take it for ourselves." He explained to her, "We're the Ghoulies."

Eliza glanced around at all of the people standing before her, "You really think you'll be able to become more powerful than us?" She laughed, showing no fear toward them, "No way a gang filled with men who dressed like fops is going to be able to run us Serpents out of town."

The leader of the Ghoulies, who stood in front of her, slapped her across the face. Eliza quickly recovered before spitting in his face. The man wiped the blood from his face before he punched her and Eliza still continued to give him a confident look, showing no fear toward the men that at least half her size, "I've been beaten half to death twice by my father because I got mouthy and I still haven't learned from my mistakes. You can keep on hitting me, but I'm still going to keep talking back so it's no use."