23

Alice was walking with Eliza and Johnny down the hallway when they stopped, noticing the janitor opening up a closet that had always been locked

Alice was walking with Eliza and Johnny down the hallway when they stopped, noticing the janitor opening up a closet that had always been locked. When he opened the door, Principal Featherhead's dead body dropped to the ground, his lips blue and his eyes open, "Oh, my God." Eliza gasped, covering her mouth with her hands.

Later on that school day, once calling a meeting with the rest of the group, Alice, Johnny, and Eliza walked through the door and into the class where the group resided, "There was a blue liquid in the chalices when we saw them. Featherhead's corpse had blue lips. And the police said he had poison in his system." Alice informed the group before Johnny spoke up.

"What did you guys do to him?" Johnny asked, a concerned look on her face.

"What do you mean, what did we do?" Penelope questioned, looking just as offended by Johnny's question as the rest of them did. She began to walk toward the three Serpents, "You were there too, Johnny. You, Eliza, and Alice."

"And the three of you are the only ones that actually saw him," Hiram added in, earning a glare from Johnny.

"Yeah, because you guys were all tripping on Hiram's fizzle rocks," Eliza retorted with an attitude.

"And who was even wearing that insane Gargoyle King costume anyway?" Alice questioned the group, who all gave her a puzzled look.

"What are you talking about?" Sierra asked her confused, "We were all in our normal outfits."

"And the chalices were empty," Marty added in.

"Lady Smith, Lord Munroe, and Lady Clarke doth protest a little too much, methinks." FP suddenly spoke up as he walked closer to the group of three.

"Yeah," Hermione nodded her head in agreement, causing Alice, Eliza, and Johnny to turn their heads to look at her, "Pretty convenient that you left early. Why don't you tell us what you did to Featherhead?"

"This is ridiculous." Eliza scoffed loudly.

Alice turned to Fred, who was lying his head down on a desk, "Fred, you are the radiant knight, you always do the right thing. You'll go to the cops with us, right?"

"We're not telling the cops!" Penelope shouted at them.

"Why suddenly such a rule breaker, Penelope?" Johnny asked the redheaded girl with an attitude, "Because you killed him?"

"And how would I have killed him?" Penelope questioned, "With our magic chalices?"

"Yeah," Alice replied, nodding her head, "The goblets were full when we went into the bathroom, okay? Maybe you poisoned them when you were setting up the quest."

"Except for I didn't set up the quest," Penelope informed the blonde Serpent, causing Eliza to frown in confusion, "Neither did Darryl. We were just as in the dark as the rest of you."

"Guys, the chalices were just sitting there," Alice told the group, "Any one of us could have drank from them. So whoever invited us to Ascension Party was trying to kill one or more of us."

"Well, then, we have to destroy the game, so that it can't be traced back to us." Sierra suddenly spoke up, causing a shocked expression to grown on the trio's face, clearly, none of them thought the information would be taken that way.

"The manuals," FP stated quickly, "We just have to destroy the manuals, we can scatter everything else."

"I'll handle the dice." Sierra volunteered and both Alice and Eliza shared a sad look.

"I've got the chalices," Hermione spoke up, raising her hand.

"I'll dispose of the library manual," Penelope added in.

"And Eliza, Johnny, and I will burn our copy," Alice spoke up quietly, not sounding too okay with the plan.

"Right, everyone spit, we're making a pact." FP insisted and Eliza made a disgusted look, "From this moment on, no one talks about Gryphons and Gargoyles. It's a secret, forever, to the grave. To the grave."

Everyone spit on their hands before linking their hand with someone else's. Eliza made a face of disgust as she linked her hand with FP's. Once doing so, she wiped her hand on her leather skirt, causing Johnny to quietly chuckle.

_______

A party was being held at FP's father's trailer. FP entered the trailer and FP shared a glance with Eliza, who stood in the living room with Johnny, James, and Forsythe. She nodded her head, which lead to him placing his letterman jacket on the coat hanger. He walked into the living room where FP's dad sat with Eliza's father.

Forsythe tossed his son his new Serpent jacket. FP placed on his jacket before taking a seat on the couch beside Johnny. After Forsythe handed FP and Johnny a beer, her and James then turned to Eliza, a smile on their faces, "You went through with the deal," Forsythe spoke up, "My son joined the gang, which means, by the end of this year, you will the Serpent's new leader, Eliza."

Eliza smiled brightly, turning to her father, who looked proud of her. She walked over to the couch, sitting in between Johnny and FP. Eliza turned to FP, "Friends again?" She asked FP curiously.

"Friends," FP nodded his head, smiling at Eliza.

Eliza then turned to Johnny, who wrapped an arm around her before looking over at FP, "Remember, FP. You're not a Serpent just yet. You have to survive the initiation first," He paused, both him and Eliza smirking, "And let me tell you, this is going to be the most brutal initiation yet."

FP looked somewhat fearful, nervously gulping before nodding his head.

_______

The following day, in the hallway at school, Alice was standing in the hallway by herself, about to ask Hal Cooper out. She wore clothes that made her look like a total Northsider. She sighed, placing her Serpent jacket in her locker.

Eliza soon walked down the hallway, wearing her Serpent jacket with Johnny, FP, and some of her other Serpents friends with her. Eliza froze when she saw Alice, the girl she was just about to see to tell her that she was forgiven. She sent her a small smile, only to have Alice act as if she didn't notice her, walking over to Hal Cooper instead.

Johnny clicked his tongue, "Hate to say you I told you so, beautiful, but I told you so," He commented before letting out a sigh, "But screw her. We gave her a chance to be forgiven, but she chose to ditch us forever instead."

"You're right," Eliza nodded her head in agreement, "I bet that in a couple years, she'll be showing up on our doorstep, asking us to be a Serpent again. As my father used to say, snakes don't shed their skin so easily."

AN: I just noticed, I've posted 14 chapters for this story in the past two days. Wow. Also, there's a lot more to come.