22

Late one night, the Midnight Club snuck into school through a window

Late one night, the Midnight Club snuck into school through a window. In the room where the Drama Club kept all their costumes, the group of friends got dressed.

   Johnny smiled, grabbing Eliza's hand as he brought her over to him. She smiled as he placed a metal crown on her head before placing a kiss to her lips, "A queen needs a crown, of course," Johnny told her with a smile on her face.

"Get a room," FP muttered under his breath before lifting up his sword, beginning to fake duel with Fred, who also had a sword in his hand.

Once the group was dressed, they walked down the hallway together. FP leaned in to kiss Alice at the same time Fred had kissed Hermione and Johnny had kissed Eliza, his arm wrapped around her.

"Wait, wait. Shh." Fred told the group when they heard chatter and laughter coming from a group that wasn't their own, causing them all to stop walking, "What was that? Do you guys hear that?"

Slowly, FP stepped in front of the group, leading them around the corner, only to come across another group consisting of people familiar to each of them, "Surrender!" FP shouted before everyone realized that they were all familiars.

"Hermione?" Hiram questioned.

"Hiram?" Hermione asked at the same time.

"Sierra?" Tom called out confused.

"Tommy?" Sierra frowned.

"Are you guys playing G&G, too?" Both groups asked in unison.

"Have been for about a week now." Hiram had informed them.

"Darryl Doiley found it in the restricted section of the library." Tom Keller added in.

"Relinquish your Game Master duties," Daryl growled at Penelope as he stepped forward.

"Make me, heathen," Penelope argued, lifting up her weapon.

    At school the following day, Jonny stood with Eliza at her locker, both of them reading aloud the invitation they had found in their lockers, "Members of the Midnight Club, come to the detention room tonight. Rise to the challenge. And ascend to the next level of the game. Eagerly yours, the Gargoyle King."

Later on, that day when nightfall came, the two groups joined together in the detention room where drinks and treats laid on the tables, "Welcome to the Ascension Party. Find the chalices. Flip the Gryphon coin for your fate. Drink from the chalice, and meet your destiny. The successful among you will ascend to the third level." Penelope read aloud the scroll to the group.

"Sounds simple enough," Tom commented.

"But not much of a party," Hermione replied with a sigh, clearly not impressed.

"So why don't we make it one?" Hiram suddenly spoke up as he took out a package of Fizzle Rocks from his belt.

"What's that, Hiram?" Hermione asked curiously.