30

After school the following day, Eliza and Johnny arrived at the Greendale Mall on their motorcycles

After school the following day, Eliza and Johnny arrived at the Greendale Mall on their motorcycles. They soon parked and headed to the store that had the best formal wear. Johnny ended up picking out his suit first, since that was the easiest part. After doing so, Eliza and Johnny headed to the dress section.

Johnny picked up a short, red off the shoulder dress and held it in front of Eliza, "What about this?" He asked his girlfriend, who made a weird look before shaking her head, "Okay, what about this one?" He questioned once more, holding out a midthigh, green velvet dress.

"Hmm," Eliza smiled, taking the dress from his hands, "I like this one. I'm going to go try it on. Come on."

Johnny nodded, just before they both walked toward the dressing room. As Eliza entered one of the stalls and Johnny rubbed the back of his neck, looking down at the ground, "Should I just wait here or should I get out until you're--" Before the male Serpent could finish his sentence, Eliza grabbed him by his right arm and pulled him into the stall with her, "...Or I could just come in with you. That's fine too."

Johnny moved his gaze away from Eliza, allowing her to get undressed before she tried on her dress. She tried to zip up the back, but deemed unable to reach, "Here, let me," He spoke up, taking a step toward Eliza, who stood facing the mirror.

Johnny grabbed onto the zipper, pulling the zip upward until it was all the way up. He remained standing beside Eliza, looking at her through the mirror. A smile formed on Johnny's lips at the sight of his girlfriend. She looked beautiful, to say the least. He just couldn't wait to bring her as his date to the dance. He wanted to show her off as his girlfriend, the person he loved more than anything.

"You look beautiful," He complimented her with a smile on his face, causing Eliza to smile also.

She tugged at the hem of her dress, "You really think so?" Eliza questioned, sounding unsure.

"I'm serious. You really fantastic. You pull off that dress better than any other girl could. It's the perfect match for someone," He complimented her, placing his hands on her shoulders as he moved his lips closer to her ear, "The green also brings out your 'Inner queen Serpent'."

Eliza couldn't help chuckle, turning her body to face him. She stood on her tip toes and kissed him on the lips, Johnny immediately kissing her back. Knowing if they kissed anymore, it would probably turn into something more while they were in the dressing room, the duo pulled away from each other.

"We should pay for our things," Eliza told Johnny, who nodded.

The duo walked out of the dressing rooms with their outfits for homecoming in their hand. Johnny lifted up the tag on the suit and immediately stopped walking when he saw the price, "We may have a problem," Johnny spoke up, causing Eliza to turn to him with a concerned expression.

"What's wrong?" She asked him concerned.

"This tux is three hundred bucks," He told her in a hushed tone, "I can't afford that."

Eliza's lips curled upwards, "Don't worry," She assured him, grabbing the tux from his hand, "I got this all figured out."

Johnny gave Eliza a puzzled look as she began to walk away.  The way she began to walk was overly confident, which slightly worried him. He wondered deeply what the hell she was up to.

Johnny sighed out before following Eliza over to the customer service desk. Eliza had a fake smile on her face as she placed Johnny's tuxedo and her own dress on the desk, "Hi, I'd like to return these." Eliza told the blonde female working at the desk.

"Oh, of course," The worker replied with a smile on her face as she picked up the dress, "Do you have your receipt with you?"

"No, I misplaced it, but they're unopened," Eliza replied, "They haven't been touched at all."

"I really need your receipt, honey," The worker gave the blonde Serpent a sympathetic smile.

"They are sealed. They are brand new," Eliza tried to convince the lady, even though she knew she wouldn't believe her. She was doing it on purpose.

The worker sighed out, "Do you have the credit card that you used?" She questioned and Eliza sighed dramatically.

"This is ridiculous!" Eliza nearly shouted, "I bought these with my boyfriend last week."

"Miss, there's nothing I myself can do. Would you like me to give you the number client services?" She questioned and Eliza scoffed.

  "You know what? Never mind," Eliza replied, getting snappy, "I'll just keep 'em. Jesus. Can I at least get a bag?"

"Sure," The lady replied, putting both the tuxedo and dress in separate bags.

"Thank you," Eliza told her, giving her a fake smile before taking the bags.

She turned to Johnny, who stared at her in shock, "Let's go, babe," Eliza told him before they both exited the store.

After doing so, Johnny turned to Eliza, a look of disbelief on his face, "How the hell did you do that!" Johnny asked her in shock.

Eliza smiled at Johnny, "I've had practice. It's a trick Alice and I kind of came up with together in the eighth grade," She informed him as she handed him his bag.

"Thanks," Johnny replied awkwardly, causing Eliza to give him a concerned look.

"You don't seem okay with what I just did," Eliza told him and Johnny immediately shook his head.

"No, no, of course, I'm okay with it. Really," He quickly assured him, "Actually, I'm a bit impressed. I could never pull off something like that and keep my cool the whole entire time."

Eliza smiled slightly, "Well, maybe I should show you." She proposed.

"I'd like that," Johnny replied, smiling back at her, "What's next? Are we going to be robbing banks together?" He asked jokingly couldn't help but laugh.

"Eh, I don't feel like getting arrested any time soon, only to spend years in prison for decades." She answered while continuing to laugh, "But petty theft is totally fine with me."

Johnny chuckled, shaking his head at her comment. He placed his hands on Eliza's waist as he pulled her closer, "Us against the world?" He questioned.

Eliza smiled and nodded her head in agreement, "Us against the world."