FOURTY TWO

a s h l e e

AS I WALK DOWN THE HALLWAY TO THE SECOND FLOOR,

and to the elevator, I look down at my song book, I grin at my latest idea.

I hit the button to go down, and once I get down there, I find a pissed off bitters, and the boys covered in a bunch of stuff, "oh no.."

"You are all going to pay for this!"

"TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS?!?"

Gustavo yelled, as I stood next to Kelly, and the boys sit on the couch, "And 30 cents."

"They destroyed the palm woods computer registration, two lamps, three vases, and my pants."Bitters rants off, and I roll my eyes, before looking down at my song book again.

I've got a few that i've got to record today, and then I get to see what we can do with them.

"But! I won the palmwoods 500 world cup! Woo!"Carlos starts up again, and I groan, as the boys start a little slap fight, "Here you go."

Bitter grins, before walking off, and Kendall throws his hands up, "Welp, I guess that settles it."

"No."Gustavo stops them, "Because I've had it with you dogs breaking things."

"We never break anything."The boys deny, and I roll my eyes.

"Please! Carlos owes me a new pillow, Logan owes me a new calculator, James owes me a new blow dryer, and Blondie owes me a bunch of shit!"I rant off and Kendall furrows his eyebrows, "What do I owe you?!"

"hmm, let's see a new laptop after you shot a puck through it!"i snapped back, and kendall went to open his mouth, but gustavo interrupted him.

"Enough!"Gustavo stops us, before the boys start to agree with us, "We do put a little wear and tear on things but that's show biz right?"

"Wrong."Gustavo corrects them, "And it's time you take responsibility for your actions. By paying me back my 2,000 dollars!"

Gustavo, Kelly, and I start to walk away, only for the boys to follow us, and Gustavo's acting like a child.

"You can go into the booth if you want."Kelly offers, and I shake my head, "I'm not missing this. I just wish I had popcorn right now."

"Isn't there a cheaper way to learn responsibly?"Logan asks, "Like Go fish?"

"Griffins cracking down on us for overspending, and Gustavo's right, this has got to stop."Kelly stepped in, making my face scrunch up a bit.

"Oh and until you pay me back, you will not step a toe into your precious palmwoods pool."Gustavo says, making my mouth go wide open.

"What about me! I did nothing!"I throw my hands up, and Gustavo looks at me, "You can, but you'll be in the studio today so it won't matter."

"You can not keep us away from the best pool!"Carlos argues, and I smirk, "He can't."

"But Freight Train can."Freight Train comes behind the guys, scaring them out of they're skin, making me snicker, "You guys, are on my no swim list."

"Gustavo $2,000 dollars? That's $500 dollars a person!"Kendall declared, and my face lit up, "Your my new tutor!"

"Oh, Kendall's good at math."Kelly starts, with sarcasm laced through, "Well I guess you guys are going to have to get jobs."

All of them scream like little girls, making me laugh. I love these boys, I really do, but I had jobs before I came to LA. How do they think I got my first song book?

"In fact, one of you can work off your debt for me right here at Roque records."Gustavo explains, "Who wants to be my production assistant? Step forward."

Three out of the four boys step back, leaving Los in the front, "Carlos it is."

Carlos is pissed, and I just shake my head, "Now the rest of you go get jobs, and get me my money!"

I wave bye to the boys, before going in the booth, and starting to get set, "How many songs do you have done?"

"Two, I've got a third one in the works."I explain, Slipping on the headphones, and fixing my braid.

"Alright, let's record some."Gustavo nods, before I start.

"it all starts when it's me and you
going out on friday night
it feels like the radio
when your tires roll into my drive

and my heart stops
like a beat drop
it's a symphony
when you sweet talk

make this quiet town,
feel electric loud
when the lights going down
every word out of your mouth is like

music
like a 17 sound track
when you look at me like that,
I loose it
My name on your lips
Wanna replay your kiss
When I wake up, and lay down
We're not saying nothing
But it's feeling something like music

before i knew your love
even with the volume up
it was silent then
now your walking into the room
all kind of smooth like a violin

everybody else
is white noise
but talk to me
cause your voice is like

music
like a 17 soundtrack
when you look at me like that
i loose it
my name on your lips
wanna replay your kiss
when i wake up and lay down
and stay up and makeout
without saying nothing
but it's feeling something like
music

Your song on my skin is like (ah ah ah ah)
So play it again like (ah ah ah ah)
So play it again my whole hearts listening
to your music

Like a 17 soundtrack
when you look at me like that
i loose it
my name on your lips
wanna replay your kiss
when i wake up and lay down
and stay up and make out
We're not saying nothing
but it's feeling something like music."

he makes everything seem like music