FOURTY SIX

TAKE ME BACK TO THE
HOUSE WITH THE BACKYARD
TREE, SAID YOU'D BEAT ME UP
YOU WERE BIGGER THAN ME.

TAKE ME BACK TO THEHOUSE WITH THE BACKYARDTREE, SAID YOU'D BEAT ME UPYOU WERE BIGGER THAN ME

AS I WALKED OFF THE PLANE
AND INTO LAX,

i was physically and mentally exhausted
from my trip in nashville and had stayed
longer then expected to start and finish some
songs for my next album.

my voice was shot, and to be honest
i looked like a mess but still walked through
LAX proudly, even though i just wanted to
go back to my apartment and just sleep.

i saw peytons car pull up and i stuffed my
suitcase in the back before i slid in the front seat and she smiled.

"you've got the day off."she told me, reading my mind as i thought about how i was supposed to go to the studio today, and i slouched down in my seat.

"since when?"my voice cracked, as i rubbed my forehead and she sent me a sympathetic smile, "since now. your voice is shot there no way i'm making you go in."

"did i ever mention how much i love you?"i told her, and she chuckled, "yes you have."

the ride was silent the rest of the way home, and when we got there, peyton helped me bring up my bags before she went through my cabinets, making me some tea.

"i feel bad, i missed the dance because i was in nashville."i told her as she poured honey into the tea, before handing it to me.

"i'm sure he understands,"peyton reassured me, and i shrugged.

after a few minutes, i put my glass in the sink and she smiled.

"i'll be back in a few hours to check on you."she told me, "no singing and get some rest. i'll tell the four hockey hooligans to leave you alone for now."

i smiled, nodding as she walked out my door, and i made my way into my bedroom, not even having the energy to turn on the tv before i was passed out cold in my bed.

home sweet home.

"ASH, WAKE UP."

i slowly opened my eyes, and i was soon met with green ones, making my eyes light up.

"hi."kendall chuckled, as i wrapped my arms around him.

"hi."i was barely able to put out, and he hugged me tight.

"i missed my favorite girl."he told me, kissing my cheek and the smile never came off my face.

i went to go say something, and he shook his head, "don't say anything, let your voice rest."

"peyton texted me wanting me to tell you that she was going to pick you up soon to take you to a doctors appointment."kendall told me and i pouted.

'im fine' i mouthed, and he gave me a smile.

"it's just to see how long you're going to be on vocal rest for."he promised, and i rolled my eyes before getting up, and getting dressed before going downstairs and kendall walked me out.

"be safe."

"OH WHAT THE HELL."

my voice strained before peyton hit my arm, glaring at me.

"i cant go on vocal rest for two weeks."i rasped, looking at the doctor, "i have an album deadline that i have to meet."

"stay on vocal rest for this entire week and then see how your voice feels."the doctor told me, and i gave pleading eyes to peyton who shook her head.

"you can write songs, do whatever you want this week but if i hear that you sang one note that come out of your mouth i am going to push it back another week."peyton threatened, and i was furious.

i soon got the discharge papers before peyton and i went back out to her black and red convertible, and she looked at me.

"look i'm sorry alright?"she started out, "but i seriously don't want you to get more vocal damage and then aren't able to sing."

"you have such an amazing voice and i don't want you not to be able to have your dream."she went on as i looked down.

"it's gonna be fine. i promise."she told me as she parked into the palm woods parkinglot.

"do you want to order in?"she asked after a few minutes, and a small smile crept up onto my face before i nodded.

something i had rarely done since i came to LA was order in and that was because i knew i had to stay in shape for this business.

from when i dated john, the tabloids exploited me, making fun of my weight, calling me every name under the book so i changed.

i got into shape, changed what i was eating and had continued with this since.

we had ordered in subs, getting it delivered before we sat down, putting on greys anatomy.

i tapped on peytons shoulder, grabbing her attention before i wrote out something.

'𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙜 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙮𝙨 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙮.'

she grinned, nodding in agreement, "and you will. i promise."

'𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚?' i wrote down, making her laugh and she nodded.

"promise."

hi guys funny story about the title of this book/this book

hi guys funny story about the title of this book/this book. i made this book in may of 2018 (almost three years ago) and literally scrolled though a btr album and just picked a song. so going into depth about it or anything. also had no plot & have changed the playlist soooooo many times