Chapter Thirty Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi guys, I hope you’re having a lovely week!

Here’s chapter 34 and sorry for the short delay in getting up! Thank you for all of the reads, votes and comments on the previous chapter and it had a really good response, so thank you! I love hearing from readers that have never commented before because it’s great to hear your thoughts and different opinions! So please comment on this chapter, I love reading them!

I hope you enjoy this chapter as usual, please vote as the more votes and activity on my story, then the more popular it will be! I love you all and thank you! 

Enjoy xx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Kayla: 32 weeks pregnant

                                                           ***

 “Derek...” I whimper as I look up at his unmoving body; however his name is lost in another cry as I clutch hold of my stomach. It feels like the muscles in my stomach are pulling to the centre and tightening. I’ve never had this feeling before. I’ve had cramps every now and again, but nothing like this before. I curl over, this time without a scream as I feel another sharp, achy and almost stinging feeling from my lower belly to my groin, and then suddenly, it stops. I wait for another one to arise, but it doesn’t and I can finally exhale and open my eyes. I need to get over to Derek before the pain starts again, although I pray it doesn’t.

“Open the door!” a familiar female voice instructs with panic racing through her voice. Is that... is that Rosie? She intensively bangs her fist against the door, causing it to vibrate against my back and disrupt the deadly silence of the room as she continues to shout my name.

“We need help,” I try to shout as I trace my hand up the door, searching for the door handle. I grab hold of it and despite its hopeless support, I use it to help myself stand. I feel steady on my feet and it’s a relief to know that the pains gone, although it strangely feels like it was never there, but I still feel so weak. I furiously try to turn the key in the door, but my shaking fingers won’t allow me to and it takes me twice as long to turn the key as it normally would.

I finally open the door and my suspicion was right, as standing outside and frantically looking at me, is Rosie. What is she doing here?

She looks at me, her hazel eyes wide with panic and confusion as she quickly says, “I’m almost certain I heard a gunshot, are you o-” she stops mid sentence and that’s when I realise that she’s not looking at me.

Her face pales and her body is unmoving, except from a raising hand to cover her open mouth as she takes on the scene in front of her, wide-eyed with shock. She then screams, but her scream comes out raspy and brings her hand to her mouth as she then steps back in horror. I then turn around to see that she’s looking at Derek and afresh tears spring to the surface.

I turn to look back at her and say, “We need an ambulance, call an ambulance!” but I’m not sure if she hears me, as her eyes are simply fixated on Derek. “Oh, Derek,” I then cry as I turn back around and rush towards him. I clasp my stomach and ease myself to the floor. “Derek, talk to me!” I sob but he doesn’t respond. Please let him be okay. Please let him be okay. He’s caused me so much grief and heartache and I’m sure he was probably going to kill me, but I don’t want him to die. I put one of my hands on his head and two of my shaking fingers below his neck and he’s breathing, thank God he’s breathing. His lips lightly part and a barely audible, but pain felt murmur escapes his mouth. “Derek! Derek, can you hear me?” His lips move as if he’s trying to say something but his face twists in anguish, “It’s okay, it’s going to be okay, don’t try to talk, we’re going to get some help.”