The Artist

The winds blow gently against the window, producing a high pitched whistle. The little boy notices this little sound and walks over to the source. He stares at the sound, fascinated. "Mommy, why does the window make the sound," he asks curiously. The mother notices the boy and smiles, "Well, it's the sound of the angels calling. And if you can hear it, they are calling for you."

The boy giggles, "really? That's so cool!"

His mother laughs, "yes....yes, it is..."

______________

I sprung up, the coldness hitting my body. My eyes took time to adjust of my surroundings, being asleep for a little while.

"Finally, your awake."

I turn to the source of the voice, acknowledging the pain the my neck. "How long was I out," I asked, rubbing the tender area on my neck. The voice chuckled again, "a couple hours. Didn't know you like to sleep so much."

I smiled and laughed, "yea...I didn't either." I look up and saw my art teacher. "Mrs. Lee? What are you doing here?" She smiles and laughs, "I should be asking you that question." I looked around and noticed I was in the art room.

"How'd I end up here," I asked confused about the situation. Mrs. Lee walks over to her desk, "I don't know, but you were out for awhile. It's currently 7:56, school ended 3 hours ago." My eyes widened, "I was out for that long? My mom must be worried."

"You don't need to worry about that. I called her while you were out," she said reassuringly. I thanked her and got up. "I guess I'll be heading out now. Thank you for keeping an eye for me." She nodded and said goodbye. Before I exited the class Mrs. Lee called out for me. "Nice painting by the way. I like how you see things Jinsoo."

I gave her a confused glance, "what painting?" She points the station I was at. "Right there. You really do know how to put words into pictures. Be proud of that talent." My face flushed and I lowered my head, "I-it was nothing really. J-just a little doodle that's all."

She rolls her eyes, "if that's what you say."

I left the class and headed towards the front of the school. The place was practically abandoned at this hour, with the janitors and some teachers staying back. Once I got to the front of the school, I made my way in the direction to my house.

I was only wearing a pastel crew neck sweatshirt with black jeans, which doesn't provide to much warmth. The walk home was only a few minutes, but the sky was fairly dark. With the Stars in complete view, I wondered if that make a good painting. Shrugging the thought off, I took the final steps to the doorstep. The building was small, fit a family of four. But it was only me and my mom.

I opened the door and was greeted with the smell of food. Taking off my shoes and closing the door, I walked over to the kitchen to see my mom at the stove.

"Jin, your home! I got a call from Mrs. Lee saying you fell asleep in the art room. Are you feeling okay or anything?" She asks worryingly. I nod, "I'm okay. Just a bit tired.....and hungry." My mom smiles and hurries me to the table.

"I always wonder why you are so short. Your still shorter than me." She said out of the blue. I pout and take a seat at the table. "It's not my fault. One day I'll have that growth spurt." She laughed and rolls her eyes, putting down a plate full of food.

I grabbed a bowl and scooped rice into it, then added the vegetables. The spoons were in the drawer in the kitchen, so I got up and headed towards the kitchen. My mom noticed me headed there and asked me what I needed. "Can I gave a spoon," I asked, putting my hand out for her to put it on.

She nods and hands me the spoon. I go back and continue my meal. "So, how was your day at work," I asked while chowing down on some food. She shrugs, "the usual. There was this man that called about how his cat wouldn't talk to him. I don't judge but seriously, call in emergencies not inconveniences."

I giggle and continue eating, "must be tiring." My mom lets out a heavy sigh, "yea, it was."

Once I was finished with my bowl, I put it in the sink and headed towards my room. "I'm going to get ready for the shower. Keep on eating without me." She nods, sitting down at the table eating. I head towards my room, grabbing my towel on the way.

I chose an oversized sweater and short gym shorts, which fit me surprisingly considering I'm a guy. These pants look like girl pants but they are very comfortable. Anyway, I turned on the shower and set out my nightly routine on the counter.

The water soon began to warm up, steam exiting the shower curtains. I took off my clothes and got it, letting the water gently fall on my body.
_______________

OoF guys, I'm not the bEst writer but I hope this was good enough. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I don't know da enGlish dat well anyway.

-b.b.