Chapter Thirty-Eight

A Month Later

Maia

Staring out of the window inside the shed, Kaliska gripped her mates hand. The excitement of the pack was heard outside of the shed, anxious to come inside. The pain subsided. Sweat permeated over Kaliska's face and down her neck. There was a small cry, tiny lungs filling the room.

"Gosh. Never again," Kaliska moaned, leaning her back into Maia's front. Their newborn daughter lay cuddled in Kaliska's arms, Maia reaching over the side of Kaliska's head to brush a her knuckles over their new babies belly. Maia's touch soothed their newborn and Kaliska as they both yawned.

Zara and Iris knelt down beside them, smiling at the new life in their home. "She's beautiful. Has your grey eyes, Maia."

"And Kaliska and I guess Lucian's long dark lashes." Maia smiled back at her best friend. "I still can't wrap my head around how this is possible, but I don't care. We have a daughter." Maia tilted her head to the side, finding Kaliska asleep in her arms. Their new baby asleep too.

"I can hold everyone off for an hour, maybe two." Iris stood and brushed a kiss over all three of their heads. "You should sleep too. You're going to need it."

*

Kaliska

The pack tried to all fit into the shed, excited to see the baby. Everyone sat around, wanting a turn in holding her. Rosalie and Mila held her next. "This is so awesome. We're aunties. We are going to buy her the best outfits," Mila giggled.

Kaliska laughed. "Please don't dress our daughter up like a doll."

"We won't," Rosalie rolled her eyes. "But, she has to have at least several cute outfits."

"It's no point," Jake chuckled. "Their girly girls. And probably hope she's one."

Sean snorted. "The chances of that are slim. Besides Iris wearing an occasional dress, the bloodline of daughters are Alpha and hardass's."

Zara flicked her cousin off. Lucian smiled, kissing his mate. Everyone laughed at the happiness smothering the room.

"It's my turn to hold my niece," Jake grinned, stepping around the other werewolves and reaching to grab the new life. "I'll show you how to sweet talk grandma. And negotiate with grandpa." Jake walked over to Kaliska's adoptive mom and dad and let them hold the baby again.

There was a yearning to hold their daughter again. Kaliska was still recovering from the delivery. She was happy to see everyone here. Even Mona and Rebekah were present, taking their turn to admire their little girl.

The full month had past, Jake being turned. He smelled strong, his wolf a dominant. It was funny how protective he'd become over Rosalie. He was always apart of Kaliska's friends lives, seeing them as family too. But now, in the werewolf dynamic, Rosalie was still his elder, but he was higher ranked. Eighteen, he held eyes on Rosalie who was in her mid twenties as if already claiming her without realizing. Both their werewolves were new. In a few years, they'd figure it out. It then, Kaliska would just admire from a far and throw hints for fun.

Kaliska noticed Miles and Alyssa sitting close. Last week he's mate claimed her and everyone was ecstatic. Kaliska was happy for him. Finding his identity was a battle he won and earned. Alyssa was a wonderful woman and great friend.

"You two have a name yet?" Mona asked. "You could name her Monalisa."

Everyone laughed and Kaliska frowned. "As much as I love you. No."

"Wise choice," Rebekah smirked.

Kaliska looked to Maia for some help. Lucian now held their little girl. She stared up at her grandpa with wide eyes. Lucian and Zara looked too young to be grandparents but that was the humor of the supernatural world. It seemed like girls overruled in the family blood line.

Watching her father and mom shower Maia and Kaliska's daughter with love, was overwhelming to watch. Kaliska never felt so connected to everyone.

"First. I wanted to say. Being raised by amazing human parents who loved me no matter what, I'll never let go of my human existence. Having a mother as werewolf and father for a vampire. You both opened the door. And now I want to unite it. I want to stop hiding and accept it." Kaliska smiled. "I am ready to join the pack and start my role and duty for the vampire community."

"It will be an honor to have you get to know the vampires." Rebekah nodded.

Maia kissed Kaliska's cheek. "I disowned my last name years ago, so we decided, that we will carry on your families last name. In honor of a historical moment in our lives for you and your own bloodline." She grinned to Lucian. Family was significant for vampires as much as werewolves. Werewolves could have children to continue the bloodline, but vampires could not. Kaliska was the start of his new growing bloodline and they wanted to continue that. Their daughter will be a Sitala of Zara's family line just as much as Lucian's. "We have come up with a name."

"Don't keep us waiting," Iris said.

"Reane Toby Blackwell." Kaliska said softly, looking to her biological parents as well as adoptive. "Reane for the first daughter you two lost. Before me," Kaliska said to her adoptive parents. They began to cry. "Toby, for the uncle I'll never get to meet." Kaliska smiled to Zara. "And you. The father I always wanted to know."

"You honor us all," Lucian said. He moved quickly, brushing a kiss over Kaliska's forehead and handed her back their daughter.

Cynthia walked in, all eyes on her. No one cringed like they did when first meeting her. Over the last few weeks, Kaliska and Cynthia found themselves on good terms. She moved through the room, never stepping on anyone as she reached the side of Kaliska's bed. Maia let her reach out to stroke their daughters cheek. Cynthia smiled with her eyes. "She will do great things. I can't wait to meet her when she's older. Teach her, like I taught you."

Kaliska saw something in Cynthia's eyes. Excitement. As if she saw something in the future. Taking a peek at Lucian, it seemed her did too. Kaliska shook her head. "I don't want to know."

Everyone laughed, taking in how close they were to each other. There was no enemies to worry about. No threats of life. Just love. A pack. Vampires. And a half fae. What more could they ask for.

This concludes the Blackwater series! It has been fun writing this last book! For those who are eager for me to finish Hollow Graves book 2; I'll be jumping on that and updating in a few days! I have big writing plans by January and want to give you all you want to read before things pick up! I will also be writing Book 2 of Shadows of Vyron end of this month and if you have any questions feel free to message me!