Chapter Twenty-Nine

Kaliska

Waking up, it feels like someone twisted a knife in her gut and twirls it around. The pain is severe, tearing Kaliska from the bed. Cold hands clamped at her wrist as she was pinned. "I am not ready to wake."

Kaliska looks over, finding Cynthia beside her. By the darkness in her eyes, it's not Cynthia. Her hand on my wrist slowly begins to burn like coldness too sharp to move away from. Kaliska tried to yank cold hands away from her wrist.

"Let me go," Kaliska snarled.

Cynthia possessed eyes darkened and before Kaliska could react, her body moved over Kaliska, hissing like a snake. Fangs pierced into Kaliska's neck. Cynthia only took in one swallow of Kaliska's blood.

The bite in her neck burned. Kaliska never been put in this position, where she was the caught meal. The women in control of Cynthia was stronger than any Kaliska faced. Her body went cold as if submerged in ice water.

"Mm," she moaned, pleased by the taste of her. "I have not controlled a vampire in such a long time. And never tasted a hybrid." Every word came out like a purr. "Your father belongs to me."

If she closed her eyes, this impostor would take that as Kaliska submitting. She kept her eyes wide open, gritting her teeth. "I doubt that."

"I am thee Dark Fae Lord." Her thin fingers enclosed around Kaliska's neck. "I find you to be just as smart mouthed as I remember Lucian. And I killed him for it."

Kaliska had not known how he died for this Dark Fae Lord to revive him. Knowing it was from her own hands was even more controlling and sinister. This Dark Fae wanted to show who was in power and did so. Now she was trying to do the same to Kaliska.

Inside, she felt an thirst of her own. One that would lose all reality. Kaliska never felt this trapped and defensive before. When Renee took her, she held no fear, knowing she would be okay. With this Dark Fae overpowering and feeding from her. Kaliska felt terror for the first time. That was hard to meet to herself.

Growling, Kaliska's eyes went wild, seeking to shift.

"You try and I'll start breaking bones." The Dark Fae licked her tongue down Kaliska's neck and bit in again.

Kaliska roared. She would not submit. Instead of giving in and feeling her defeat, Kaliska pulled into her hybrid, calling her out. The first wave of a shift was hard, the added pressure of this Dark Fae laying on top. It was as if she'd suddenly gain two hundred pounds more, out of Cynthia's slender build. Kaliska told herself not to panic. It would only bring her hybrid into a bigger frenzy.

The Dark Fae moved her hand fast, as Kaliska's body shuddered into her wolf's body. Cold hands squeezed around Kaliska's neck. Snarling like a rabid animal, Kaliska attempted to claw away but whined and shifted back human skin when she felt her windpipe crush. The Dark Fae moved off of Kaliska, watching the hybrid as she writhe in agony and unable to breathe. During her fast shift, Kaliska had torn away her clothes. Naked, Kaliska wrapped her hands around her neck, feeling as if she was breathing through a coffee size straw. The skin around her neck, dark and purple.

"Shift." The Dark Fae sneered. She walked over to the dresser, tapping her hand on top of a bell. It rung twice. A minute later, a young woman walked in, crying in fear. She shook in the doorway. She wore nothing except underwear. There were bite marks all over her flesh.

Kaliska's vision blurred. She shifted wolf skin and a minute went by as she shifted back human. Kaliska fell out of the bed. Her body shivered. Treated like a child being chastised for being disobedient, Kaliska lay on the floor considering what her options were. She could continue to fight or submit. No, her hybrid thought. "No."

"No." The Dark Fae repeated Kaliska's words. Magic flowed out of her and spread over Kaliska. "No. But, you haven't fed in days. Aren't you hungry?"

Shaking her head, Kaliska's thoughts fogged. Whatever she'd been thinking about, wiped from memory, replaced with confusion and hunger. Lazily, Kaliska slid into a sitting position, reaching for the bed sheets to cover herself up. Her throat ached but she could breathe again. Carefully she tried to speak. "I...won't submit...to you." The hunger grew into an weak and aching hollowness in her stomach. She began to shake, dazed and need. She fought to stay in control.

"No." The Dark Fae said. Blood sprayed into the air.

Before Kaliska could stop herself, the hunger overtook her. Her fangs was in the human's neck and she was unable to pull away. Kaliska was lost in a blood frenzy.

*

Sitting on the floor, Kaliska shook her head out of mental solitude. Her back was pressed against the wall. No longer in the room, Kaliska noticed a dining table. Built in shelves along the walls. Blood was glossed over her body like an art piece. It felt like days passed. Her stomach was full but she ached and felt weak at the same time.

"My my. You have had quite the appetite." The Dark Fae walked in.

"What happened?"

The dark Fae moved in mass speed, tossing two bodies in front of Kaliska's feed. Before Kaliska thought she was done, another body was flung forward. Three women, dead and tossed like bags of trash. "You have been busy." Her smile was malicious.

Weakly, Kaliska shook her head. "I..." she pointed to the bodies. "I didn't do this." And even as she said the words, Kaliska could smell herself all over them. The last thing she remembered was piercing her fangs into a woman's neck. "No," she croaked. "I would never..."

"Never. No." The Dark Fae laughed. "I seem to remember you biting those fangs of your into a young boys flesh. Isn't he a vampire now, because of you?"

"That was different." Crimson tears slid down Kaliska's face, horrid from what she might have done. "You are lying."

Magic was everywhere. Kaliska couldn't rationalize her thoughts. She looked down again at the humans, using her nose to make sure this wasn't a trick. The scent of each of their blood was memorable to her hybrid. Eyeing one human in particular. Eyes bulging out, Kaliska scurried to the body, pulling the woman into her arms. "No," she cried. She buried her face into the crook of the woman's neck. Kaliska cried, brushing her fingers through the woman's hair. "Oh, God. How?"

The Dark Fae sat in a chair. "She never put her trust in those werewolves. She stayed because you were there. Her daughter."

Kaliska cried harder, wishing she could have made things right with her adoptive mom. There was so much they needed to work through, but Kaliska thought she would have time. Now, she held her dead mothers body, because of a cruel Dark Fae.

"I found her trying to go home. I am watchful of every place your friends and family go." The Dark Fae snorted. "Foolish humans. By the time to were on your third body, you didn't even recognize her."

Vision blurred from tears. Kaliska snarled. Her breathing quickened, imagining ripping this Dark Fae apart. "I will kill you," Kaliska snarled.

Hybrid snatching back control, she leaped up, charging at the Dark Fae. Kaliska slashed her claws into the Dark Fae's impostor bodies. Kaliska didn't care that it was really Cynthia she was harming. Her mind was gone from human thoughts. Only need to destroy. The Dark Fae slapped Kaliska across the face and it did nothing to dampen Kaliska's hunger to kill this Dark Fae.

Blood splattered. She was going feral and for once she didn't care.

*

I am super glad you all love this book! I have several more chapters before this series ends and it will only get more intense, emotional, dramatic, and loving! Keep on reading!