Abusive villain dad

"What are those?"Todoroki asked.

He sounded shocked. Dammit, why did he have to walk in? You pulled your shirt down quickly and turned to face him. You plastered a nervous smile on your face and tried to come up with an explanation. You were good at lying, but you always had a problem doing it to Shouto. You just found it so hard to lie to him.

"It's nothing, just some bruises.", you shrugged.

"How did you get them?"

"I did some training with my dad."

"There is no way those are from training. Atleast not normal training."

"Just let it go Shouto. It's nothing. Okay?", you snapped.

Todoroki didn't ask anything more. He saw you didn't want to talk about it, but he had to know. The bruises were all over your torso and he had seen some on your legs too. Were those bruises really just from training? He knew things could get a bit intense sometimes, but he certainly hoped your father wasn't like his. He would never hope that for anyone and the least to you.

Your dad was using you as a punching bag again. Apparently, it made the training more fun, and it was a good way to punish you, for whatever it was you had done this time. He was throwing insults at you the whole time. How you were useless and a waste of his time. How your dream of becoming a hero was ridiculous, and your quirk fit much better for being a villain. How you could only hurt people anyway, so being a hero would be stupid. To him, your dream was a joke.

When you came to school with your eye black and swollen, that was the second Todoroki had had enough. He couldn't take this uncertainty anymore. He wanted to do whatever he could to help you. Todoroki asked you to talk to him privately. He needed to know who was causing this to you.

"What happened?", he asked, as calmly as he could.

"Nothing.", you muttered.

"[Name], please tell me."

"So you wanna know? These"-you pointed at your face angrily-"were made by my dad. My dad, who hates the fact I want to be a hero. My dad, the, ah such a "great" villain, who wants me to follow in his footsteps. My dad, who would probably rather beat me to a hospital, than see me become a hero."

In the end of your speech, your eyes were glimmering with tears. Todoroki didn't seem to be very shocked by the news. He had guessed it was something like this. He just... didn't want it to be.

"I'm sorry about your dad, if it gets too hard for you to be at home. You can always come to my place. My father isn't the easiest person either, but maybe you'll be better with me."

"Thanks Shouto. I might take you up on that offer."

"I'd be glad if you did.", he smiled gently.

You took Todoroki's hand to yours and led him out of the empty classroom you had been talking in. You felt a bit better, knowing he was offering you a way out. You would take it. Even if it was just for one night, you could be away from home.