Suicidal s/o

Author's note: I've been trying to prepare for my exam (it's on March 23rd), but I haven't really gotten anything done (thank you executive dysfunction), and I haven't really been posting anything anywhere. This isn't really as good as I wanted it to be but oh well.

Todoroki knew you hadn't been feeling well lately, so when he finally finished his shift at the agency, he hurried home, picking up some flowers on the way. He was actually a bit earlier in coming home than usual, since he had finished his paperwork early.

He texted you when he left the flower shop, but he got no answer. Perhaps you were taking a nap and had your phone off. You didn't usually do that, but since it was your day off, maybe you wanted to get some rest. It was mid afternoon after all and that's when you usually liked to nap.

When he got home, he noticed he was right. You were curled up under a blanket on the sofa, but something was off. There was an empty bottle of pills on the living room table, in front of the couch. There was also a piece of paper there. The flowers fell from his hands and he completely ignored the note and approached you quickly. He put his hand on your arm and shook you, trying to wake you up, but you wouldn't react. Todoroki realized what was going on, you had overdosed on your sleeping medication.

He quickly called the emergency number and explained the situation to the dispatcher. Todoroki was in tears the whole time, but he kept his voice steady and did as the dispatcher asked.

When the ambulance arrived, he rode with you to the hospital. He watched as the nurses wheeled you away to have your stomach pumped. The second you were out of his sight, he collapsed to one of the chairs in the waiting area.

Without thinking, he had grabbed the note from the living room table when he had left with you. He hadn't read it yet, but now was as good a time as any. He unfolded it carefully and started reading.

"Well, if you're reading this, I wasn't there to stop you, so I guess I'm gone. You probably have a lot of questions for me, and I'll do my best to answer the most obvious one. "Why?" To be honest, I don't really have an answer you would accept. I'm just tired, tired of fighting. I'm tired of all of it. I can't keep going anymore, I guess that's the gist of it. But above all I want you to know that you have nothing to do with my decision. I love you so so much, and I never wanted to cause you any pain, but it's better this way, you'll be better off without me."

He didn't know how to react, he wanted to scream or hit something but he did neither. He just sat there, letting the note slip from his hands to the floor. He didn't know how long he sat there in disbelief. How could this be happening?

"Todoroki Shouto?" a voice came and pulled him out of his head.

"Yes?" he said and stood up.

"Your partner has been treated and you can come see them now. They are resting in room 314" the nurse said.

"Thank you" he muttered and started walking towards the patient rooms.

He found your room and stepped in. You were sitting on the bed and looking out the window that was next to it. He could see his reflection on the window and you noticed him as well.

"Shouto" you whispered and turned to look at him. You had decided you wouldn't cry, you had done enough crying one day. "I'm sorry" you said.

"I know, I'm just so glad you're okay" he said and sat next to you on the bed.

You leaned your head against his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around yours. Todoroki was so relieved you were alright. He didn't really know what to say to you, so he just said what he felt like you needed to hear at that moment.

"I love you, you know that right?" he asked.

"I know, and I love you too"

Shouto didn't leave your side for the whole day, and when you were transferred to the psychiatric unit the next morning, he was there with the things you had asked him to get for you from your shared apartment. He only left once the visiting hours came to an end and even then, he was reluctant to leave you. If he could've he would have taken all your worries and pain unto himself. He never wanted you to feel the way you had felt when you had taken those pills.