Overworking and insecure

A/N: Reader is feeling a bit insecure about their relationship, and overworks themself which leads to a talk and stuff. There is sort of a previous part to this, it's the chapter called "S/o is insecure about the relationship"

You had been working so hard lately. Trying your best with schoolwork and going above and beyond with training. It was an attempt to keep yourself busy, and it was working to a certain extent, but it still didn't keep your brain from coming up with all kinds of theories about certain things. You were trying your hardest not to think about Yaoyorozu and Shouto's friendship as something more, because they were friends, only friends. However you couldn't help but feel a bit insecure. You knew he loved you, but you'd been betrayed before and even though you knew he was way different from your previous boyfriend, there was just something nagging at you.

Todoroki had noticed you sort of retreating into yourself again. He wasn't sure what the reason was exactly, but he decided to ask you about it the next time the two of you got some alone time and he could talk properly with you.

The next day, you had PE and it had been decided that you would spar with each other using your quirks. You were paired with Yaoyorozu, by pure chance of course, but it still annoyed you a little. It went well at first, but then you started feeling a bit odd. You were feeling light headed and cold and you felt like your whole body was super stiff.

"You're super pale, (Name). Are you okay?" Yaoyorozu asked, just before you fell to your knees.

"I'm-I'm fine. I think I've-I've just been over-over using my quirk lately" you stammered

The rest of the class was gathering around you and Todoroki tried to help you up.

"You're freezing, your lips are blue too" he said and you could immediately feel the heat emanating from the left side of his body.

You could barely move, your body felt so incredibly stiff and you felt like passing out. It was so tempting, but it also felt dangerous, so you fought the feeling.

"You should get them to Recovery Girl" Yaoyorozu said.

"Yeah" Todoroki nodded, and picked you up, starting to carry you out of the gym.

Neither of you talked the whole way to the nurse's office, you just let him carry you and snuggled closer to him for warmth.

After Recovery Girl looked you over and told you to get some rest and take it easy for the rest of the day, Todoroki sat on the bed next to yours and just looked at you.

"You really shouldn't overwork yourself like this" he finally said.

"It's fine Sho, it wasn't even that serious" you shrugged.

"It's not fine, and I'm pretty sure neither are you" Todoroki sighed.

"What makes you think that?" you asked. He was of course right, but you were curious about what had tipped him off to your state of mind.

"You've been pulling away from me again, and I'd like to know why" he inquired.

"It's just... Remember what we talked about last time? I know you're just friends with Momo, but it just still bothers me for some reason. She's amazing, and I'm just... me" you said, staring down at your hands.

"And you being you is enough. You're an amazing, kind and skilled person, and if you're worried about Yaoyorozu, you don't need to be, she's just a friend" he said and grabbed your hand, giving the back of your palm a kiss.

"You mean it?" you asked, looking at him with tearful eyes.

"Yes, of course I mean it" he said gently.

"I'm sorry I'm like this. It doesn't mean I don't trust you, I know it's just in my head, but sometimes it just gets a bit convincing" you sighed.

"It's fine, I just wish you'd talk to me about things like this, before you overwork yourself while trying to distract yourself from the whole thing" he said, squeezing your hand.

"I'll try to keep that in mind" you smiled and he smiled back.