Old selfharm scars

You and Todoroki were laying on your bed, and talking, you were just staring at the ceiling and stretching your hands towards it. Suddenly your sleeve fell down, revealing the scars scattered all over you forearm.

Todoroki had never asked you why you always wore long sleeves. He had noticed you acted a bit weird about it sometimes, but he never questioned it. Now he understood and he hoped he would have asked you what was wrong. He just watched you cover up your arm and turn your face away from him. What should he say? Was there anything he could say? He didn't know what to do, and for the first time in a long time, he felt completely and utterly helpless. So he turned to you and wrapped his arms around you, burying his face to your hair.

You were in a bit of a shock. No one was supposed to see them. No one. You didn't know what to do, so you just faced away from Todoroki. You hoped he didn't notice, but of course he had. He always noticed. But he didn't say anything. He just wrapped his arms around you and buried his face to your hair. You didn't move or speak. You were afraid that if you did, you would start crying or shake uncontrollably.

Finally you couldn't hold it in anymore, so you cried. Your body was ragging with sobs. You turned around and buried your face to Todoroki's chest. He was warm and safe. Someone you could always count on. Someone who would stand by you no matter what. But also someone you didn't want to to hurt with this. You never wanted to hurt him.

When you had calmed down you felt like you needed to explain this to him. You sat up and wiped your cheeks. Todoroki sat up opposite of you and took your hands to his.

"I guess I owe you an explanation huh?", you sniffled.

"You don't owe me anything. If you want to tell me, you tell me."

"I want to tell you, but I don't know how. It's so hard to explain.", you sighted. "But here goes. The scars on my wrist and arm are from self-harm. I made them when I was in a really bad place with my depression. I'm not in a very good place now either, but I'll manage."

Todoroki was just staring at you. He felt heartbroken. What had caused a beautiful person like you to do this to yourself? He knew this wasn't a simple matter and he wanted to help you. In anyway possible, however small it might be.

"Can I help you in anyway?", he asked.

Somehow that irritated you.

"Don't you see? No one can help me, I'm useless, a waste of space and I shouldn't exist. You can't help me Shouto, no matter how you hope you could make this better, you can't. Nothing is going to bring any light to the darkness inside my head. It's just a scary place, where my own fear and anxiety torment me in an endless circle, and I want it to stop. I want all of it to stop.", you growled, but the end turned into a sob.

Todoroki didn't say anything. He just pulled you to his chest. You were crying and clinged to his shirt. He was caressing you back, trying to calm you down. Todoroki didn't want you to feel this way, and he hated to feel so powerless. Unable to help you.

"[Name], I can't promise you I'll make this better, nobody can promise that. But I'll be there for you, no matter what."

"You can't promise something like that.", you growled.

"I already did.", he smiled gently.