That Wasn't Me!

Sabrina's POV

"Joey, give me my phone. I know you have it." I said, talking to the girl sitting on my bed. She sighed and handed it to me. I should have known she had for the past few months. I went through the text messages and saw that she sent some to Y/N.

Sabrina: I don't love you. I never did. You're too much for me.

Sabrina: Stop coming to see me. I don't want to see you ever again.

Sabrina: You don't belong here. Leave.

There was a whole lot more even worse than those. "Get out." I said angrily.

"Sabrina-" She started and I glared at her. I interrupted whatever she was going to say. "I don't want to hear it! You and I are done! Get out of my house!" I yelled and pointed at the door. She left quickly.

My phone buzzed from a new message from Y/N.

Bearbear: I'll be out of your life like you want me to. I'm sorry that I was too much and that I keep causing problems for you. I'm sorry for everything I put you through. I'm sorry.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening again." I said, rushing to put my shoes on. I ran out of her house and drove to her house. I knocked on the door. I heard someone on the stairs and then the door opened. "Where's Y/N?" I asked Jake.

"I don't know. She ran out and everyone chased after her." He explained, leaning against the door frame. I look down at his hand to see that he was holding her journal. "Why are you reading her journal?"

"Well I wanted to know what made her spiral out of control. Unlike someone." He said, gesturing to me.

"I never meant to hurt her. I didn't even do anything."

"You told her to leave. That she didn't belong in this world."

"That wasn't me, okay?! That was all Joey. She told her that. Not me! Her!" I exclaimed.

"Prove it." He said.

"How exactly would I prove it? For one, I don't type like that and do I seem like the type of person who would ever say that to her? To anyone really?"

"No. Did your girlfriend explain?"

He studied me and sighed and shook his head no. "She's not my girlfriend. I can't be with someone who treats people like that." My phone vibrated from someone calling. I was hoping that it was Y/N, but it was Corey. "What?"

I heard Rowan crying in the background. "You guys need to go to Becca's house!" He hanged up quickly.

...

Y/N's POV

I woke up and coughed up water. "You're awake." Becca said. I didn't bother on responding. I sat up from the bed, still coughing. She patted my back to help me get the water out.

"Sadly." I said and layed back down. Rowan, Jake, Corey, and... Sabrina came in.

"What now?" I rolled my eyes.

"Bear-" Rowan started but I cut her off. "Don't call me that. None of you have the right to call me that." I spoke lowly.

"What did we do?" Becca asked.

"Saved me."

"Why do you want to die so much?" Jake asked.

"Well let's see. I've been bullied all my life, my dad abused me till I was 9, everyone left, everything that happened in the last 4 months... should I continue?" The room was silent as they stared at me in shock.

"Why didn't you come talk to us?" Corey asked.

"Would it have changed anything?" I asked him. He hesitated and I found his answer.

"I thought so."

"Y/N." Sabrina spoke up. I looked at the blonde. "Why are you here Sabrina? I thought you were the one who wanted me gone the most."

"What is she talking about?" Becca asked, but Sabrina ignored her question.

"All those messages you got wasn't from me. That was all Joey."

"Sure." I said, not believing her.

"I would never say those things to you. You know that."

"I mean you might as well." I said and she got confused. "Huh?"

"Just tell me the truth. No lies. Tell me what you really think about me. I'm tired of getting lied to by everyone."

"All of us?" Jake asked and I nodded.

"Yeah."

...

Sabrina's POV

"Honestly, when I first met you I thought you were stuck up." Becca started and all of us looked at her.

"Why?" Y/N asked, sitting up.

"You just seemed like it. You always seemed like you thought you were better than everyone else. I didn't think anything different until I got to know more about you through Rowan, then one day I became friends with you. I don't regret ever meeting you. I just regret the fact that I didn't talk to you and get to know you sooner."

The blue haired girl nodded at her. "Who's next?" Rowan shyly raised her hand. "Okay Row."

"Well I've always liked you. The first time we met I was maybe 6 and you were 8. We were both at the playground and I was getting bullied by some of the boys. I remember that you stuck up for me, and when they didn't listen, you started throwing water balloons and sand at them until they ran away." She chuckled at the memory. I saw a small ghost of a smile on Y/N's face, but it quickly disappeared and I wondered if it was even there.

"Good times." Y/N said, making Rowan laugh a bit more. She cleared her throat, and continued.

"That was the day that I knew we would be the best of friends. Then one day, I saw something happen."

"What?" Y/N asked.

"You're going to hate me for it."

"Just tell me."

"Every time that you came over my house to hang out, you would always have a new bruise. You said that you fell, and I believed you. After a while though, I realized that it wasn't a accident. One day, I went over your house to surprise you for your birthday. I heard crying and yelling from the inside. I looked through the window and saw your dad abusing you. I told my mom, and she told the police. That's why you're dad left. I'm sorry."

Y/N's eyes seemed to look almost completely lifeless, and she stayed silent for a bit before she spoke up. "Don't apologize. I don't hate you for it. In fact, I want to say thank you. Really."

Corey and Jake told them what their thoughts about her was, and it was finally my turn to speak.

As I was explaining what I really think about her and feel, the others left the room. Y/N though, seemed really uncomfortable with me being there. "Okay." She said when I finished explaining. Her face went pale, and her eyes got dull.

"Y/N, are you okay?" She nodded her head.

"Yeah. Can you please leave?" She said, sitting up. I looked at her puzzled, but obliged.

"Sure." I said and left the room.

"So how did it go?"

"She really didn't want me in there."

"How do you know?"

"She looked uncomfortable with me being there and then asked me to leave." We heard a loud this from inside the room and when we opened the door Y/N was on the floor, holding onto one side of her head. "What happened?"

"I fell off the bed and hit my head on your dresser." She replied.

"Does it hurt?"

"A little, but it'll be fine."

"We need to talk. All of us." Corey said, and we all walked into Becca's room and sat down.