A Small Box

She closed the door and got out a bag with a whole lot of medical things in it. Bandages, Band-Aids, alcohol, and something else. A small box.

"What was that? " I asked.

"Not really important right now. Let's just worry about getting you fixed, yeah?" She sais. I nodded yes to her.

"Now just to warn you, this might sting a little." She said.

"I know." I said. She started cleaning my hands first which wasn't so bad. Then she got to my lip and I have to admit, it hurt like a bitch. I bared with it though and then she finally finished.

"Now, the box?" I reminded her and then her phone went off. She let out a sigh of relief and gladly answered it.

"Hey Jake... Yeah I'm with Sabrina. How did you know about that?... She's okay now. Did I tell her-no, but I'll probably tell her later. Okay bye." She hung up.

"Now Y-" My phone started ringing and I groaned in annoyance. "Hello?" I asked.

"Are you okay?" I heard Sarah's voice from the line.

"I'm fine. Why?" I asked.

"Shannon said that y'all got in a fight." She said.

"Yeah we did." I confirmed.

"You didn't break anything again right?" I remember this one time when I got in a fight and I accidentally fractured someone's nose. Not my proudest moment.

"No, I think."

"Are you two good now?"

"In a argument still." I answered.

"Okay. I'll leave you be now. Bye little sis."

"Bye Sar." She hung up and I put my phone on the charger. Y/N was lost in thought, staring at me intently.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" I asked her. "No reason." She said, looking away to the walls that were covered in pictures.

"Rowan?" She asked, looking at a picture on my wall. It was Row and I holding hands.

"Yeah. She came over here when we were dat-" I stopped myself from saying it.

"You know you can say it right? It's not going to hurt me. I know you two are just friends now." She said.

"Okay. When me and her were dating, we went out on sort of a date." I said. "Have you ever dated anyone besides me?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. "Why not?" I asked.

"Nobody really liked me. Not to mention, there wasn't a lot of lesbian girls at my school." She said.

"When did you realize that you were gay?"

"I don't know. I guess I always knew. I never felt attracted to boys and I only ever liked girls. Personally though, I don't really care what gender the person I like is." She said.

"What's your sexuality?" I asked.

"Not sure. I guess lesbian but I don't really wanna label myself. For now I guess I'm sabbysexual." We laughed at her joke.

"What's in the box?" I asked again.

"Hey, did you know that I group actually came first 'the chicken or the egg?'!" She said, trying to change the subject. "Due to quantum physics, they said that both came first. It was possible that either one could-"

"Y/N."

"Sabrina." She mocked me.

"I'm being serious here." I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

She sighed. "I'll tell you later." She said.We stayed silent for a couple minutes and I heard her... purr?

"Did you just purr?" I asked. Her cheeks turned a little red. "Yeah. You're warm." She giggled.

"You're so weird." I said laughing and she smiled.

"I can't believe that I forgot." She said sitting up.

"Forgot what?" I sat up as well.

"Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of when I first met you."

"Well technically it's not the very first time we met. We met in like 1st grade when we were being homeschooled." I said.

"So you're saying that tommorow isn't an important day?" She pouted but I kissed it away.

"That's not what I meant. Everyday that I've been with you is important to me." I said, making her smile widely.

"Dinner time!" Mom yelled. I grabbed onto her hand and led her downstairs. No sign of my sister Shannon. I guess that she got the message.

We ate dinner in silence because there wasn't much to talk about. That was until my mom said, "When are you two getting married?" Y/N started choking on her water so I patted her back. Once she recovered I asked what she was talking about.

"Well Sarah said that you were getting married. I just wanted to know when." She said.

"I think that we're a bit too young to get married. I've only been back for a couple months and that's moving way too fast in my opinion." Y/N said.

"Agreed. I love her, but I want to take my time and not screw it up." I said, adding on to what Y/N was saying.

"That's very grown-up you two. I'm proud that you're not rushing through this and waiting until you're both ready." Dad said. I smiled and looked at Y/N to see her with a smile as well.

...

"I never really realized how small you were." She said. We are currently in my old bedroom, cuddling. "Now I wonder how you're always dominant and on top."

I smirked before answering. "Because I'm daddy."

"Yeah, I'll agree with that." She said, amused. We laughed again and have I ever mentioned how much I love her laugh? It's like music to my ears. I wouldn't mind if that was the only thing that I heard for the rest of my life.

"I was to spend the rest of life with you." I blurted out.

"Please tell me that you're not actually-"

"No I'm not proposing. At least not yet anyway. I just mean that I want to spend the rest of my life with you." I said.

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you too." She said. "You know when we're both ready." She added.

"There's not a chance that you're going to tell me what's in the box, is there?" I asked turning around to face her.

She shook her head. "No, not really. Don't worry about it okay?"

"Okay." I whispered. Is it something dangerous and that's why she's not telling me?

"I know what you're thinking, and no it's not anything life threatening." She said. "I'm okay."

"Alright. I'll leave it alone." I said, putting my head on her chest. "Goodnight and sweet dreams. I love you." She said, kissing the top of my head.

"I love you too Y/N." I closed my eyes and fell asleep.