Chapter 4

I pull up to the B&B and see there is a diner right next door. Thank god because I'm starving. I check into my room. It's cute and I've got my own bathroom. I check myself in the mirror and head out to the diner. I open the door to Granny's diner and the chime above the door goes off. It's dinner time so it's a bit busy so I sit at an open seat at the counter. A thin brunette comes up and hands me a menu. "Hi. I'm Ruby. Can I get you something to drink?"   "Hi, yes I'll take a coke please".  "Coming up".  She leaves and I look over the menu. For a small place they have just about everything. Ruby comes back with my coke "So have you decided on anything yet?"   "Yes. I'll take a bacon cheeseburger and spicy fries please".  "Sure thing. It'll just be a few minutes".  "Thank you". A few minutes later I see the waitress walk by,  " Excuse me. Where is the restroom?"  "It's in the back room on the right". "Thanks". I get up and go to the bathroom and when I come back there is someone sitting in my seat. I think to myself "Seriously I was gone like 3 minutes". I walk up and say " excuse me, your sitting in my seat". She turns and, oh shit it her. It Regina. "Regina. Hi. Nice to see you again". She has a very surprised look on her face. "Well hello Miss Swan. It seems I keep taking your seat". Luckily the person seated next to her paid and left so I sat down. "So Miss Swan, what brings you to this sleepy old town?"   "Oh you now. I just needed some time away. I heard this was a nice place so I packed up and drove down".  When I finish speaking my food arrives. "Hey Regina would you like your usual?"   "Yes Ruby. Thank you".  "So Miss Swan, what really brings you here?"  I smile as I chew. When I've swallowed my food I say. "You. I came here hoping to see you again".  Her face is unreadable. "Excuse me you what?"  "I wanted to see you again. Maybe get to know each other. Go out on a date or something".  "How did you even find me, and so quickly?"  Crap. How can I make this sound good. "Your license plate". She's got a confused look on her face. "I'm a cop and when you dove off I looked up your license plate". Now she looks kind of pissed. "You did what? How dare you. I should call your superiors and have you fired for stalking me".  Shes basically yelling at me at this point. "Ruby cancel my order, and Miss Swan stay the hell away from me and leave Storybrooke". She says to me and leaves the diner. Damn it. Not good. I get up and follow after her. "Regina wait please". I say as I grab her arm and she stops and pulls her arm back. "Don't you dare touch me". She says stepping away. "Regina I'm sorry. I swear I mean no harm. I just wanted to see you again and get to know you. That's all".  "And you think stalking is a good way to start off?"  "It wasn't the best thought I've ever had, but I worked. I got to see you again". I say with a big stupid smile on my face. "So, can you forgive me or do I have to walk away looking like a sad puppy while I go back into Granny's to pay for my food?"   She lifts an eyebrow and has a little smirk on her face. "Does that mean I'm forgiven? Come on I know you want to". I say as I rub her arms up and down. "Ok fine Miss Swan. I'll forgive you just this once".  "Yay". I yell and hug her. She doesn't hug me back. "So would you like to come in and get dinner?"  "No thank you". "What why? I thought you forgave me".  "I did but that doesn't mean I want to have dinner with you". Damn. "Ok so now what?"  "Now I'm going home Miss Swan". At her words I just deflate. It must have been written all over my face because she says "Relax Miss Swan. I'm going home to change and freshen up. Meet me at The Rabbit Hole at 9". She kisses my lips and walks away. "Don't be late dear". "Yes"  I shout and pump my fists.