Chapter 3

My alarm goes off at 9:30 the next morning. I groan and shut it off. I'm exhausted this morning, but I smile as I recall why I'm so tired. Regina is incredible. I'd really like to see her again and get to know her better. I lay in bed for a little while. I don't have to be at work till noon so I'm thinking of how I can reconnect with her without looking like a stalker. Which I guess I kinda am. I did run her license plate to find out her name and where she lives. Today is Friday and I do have the weekend off, maybe I could hang out around Storybrooke for the weekend. Maybe I'll run into her. Yes. I like the sound of that. I get up and go into the bathroom and turn the shower on, get undressed and get in. "Holy Fuck" I yell as soon as the hot water touches my back. "What the fuck?"  I get out of the shower and get water everywhere. I turn around in front of the mirror and see dried up bloody scratches all over my back. "Holy crap". I chuckle a little and shake my head. I slowly get back in the shower and my back stings like a bitch, and the soap only made it worse. When I'm done with my shower, I get out and get dressed and head out to work. I finish up the paperwork for the case I just closed and hand it over to my captain. I have a few minutes to spare so I look up the town of Storybrooke. It's only about 40 minutes from here. I find a little bed and breakfast place right in the middle of this little town. Sounds perfect. I call and make a reservation for tonight through Sunday afternoon. I suddenly get an idea. I knock on the captains door and say "Hey Cap. I'm going out of town tonight, mind if I check out a bit earlier. I'll make sure everything is set before I go".  "Sure Swany no problem".  "Thanks boss."  I head back to my desk and get busy. I work straight through lunch and finish everything up by 5. My captain is already gone so I grab my stuff and head home to pack. I get everything I need and I'm on the road to Storybrooke by 5:40. I sure hope this works out the way I'm hoping it will.