35

Namjoon's eyes meet yours for only a second before he turns back to the fray. Stricken, you can only watch in shock as you see the man singlehandedly take down the remainder of Lucas's henchmen.

A single comet of rage, as the man lashes out, knocking down the men two at a time. To your right, lies Lucas, groaning as he clutches his face where Namjoon had stricken him. To your left, the other members immediately bombard to your side, Hoseok's flailing arms, and Yoongi staring at Namjoon's busy figure. On the floor behind them lies shattered glass everywhere, evidence of the members struggle.

Jungkook's eyes reach yours, wide, scared, doubtful. They're almost doe-like, and you, caught in the moment, can only blankly stare back as his mouth moves.

His hand waves in front of your face, and you blink, shaking your head.

"Y/N? Hello, are you there??" Jungkook says loudly, before yelling in a panic.

"Hyung, I think she's brain dead-" Jungkook only begins to panic further before Taehyung reaches out and slaps his shoulder.

"Hey, what was that fo-"

"Y/N is fine, Jungkook, she's just shocked." Taehyung deadpans, before adding under his breath,"

"...dumbass."

You can't suppress the urge to chuckle as you see Jungkook lunge at the other indignantly, eyebrows furrowed and lips raised in a pout at the words.

A low groan from your right draws the attention of everyone to the pathetic figure lying there, Jungkook and Taehyung's little tassle instantly forgotten.

Lucas looks as if he's about to stand, but before that comes a quick blow to his head, knocking him unconscious with a sad thud.
Yoongi scoffs at the unmoving figure, wrinkling his nose.

"He better stay unconscious for a while," The man mutters darkly.

Instantly, you realize that the sounds of fighting had receded, and with one last blow, one last body falls to the ground (luckily, none of the members.)

Namjoon whips his head around, eyes blazing with a fury that makes you flinch. Glancing at all the members around him,  Namjoon gaze glazes over before he takes a deep breath, closing his eyes and wiping away the blood that stains his left cheek.

His chest heaves, and behind him lies majority of the guards who had been standing just a few minutes ago.
Yeah
Jaebum whistles.

"Damn. Took all of them down singlehandedly."

Namjoon nods in thanks, crouching and trying to regain his focus, but a strangled moan from one of the guards seems to snap him out of a trance.
He jumps to his feet, and quickly glances over everyone.
His eyes land on yours and you can see them brim with worry, but it's instantly washed away as he speaks.

"Is everyone okay? Any injuries?"

Yoongi scoffs, a "tsk" leaving his lips.
"We didn't even take down a single guard, bud. You should be asking yourself that question."

The shorter man raises an eyebrow at the leader, and Namjoon blushes, slightly flustered.

"Ahem... well..if that's the case," Namjoon mumbles, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly.
You can't help but compare the sight to a large bear looking embarrassed.

All of a sudden, an alarm starts blaring in your ears and you flinch visibly, alarmed at the red flashing of the corridor.
Namjoon is shocked to attention, and at once he starts running to the hallway amid the broken glass.

"Shit," He curses.

"We better get the fuck outta here."

He stops in his tracks as he sees the other members frozen.

"And by that, I mean NOW!" Namjoon yells, and everyone takes off like a bullet.
It's like déjà vu as you once again find yourself amidst the eight other men running down a long corridor.

Except, this time, alarms are blasting your eardrums inside out and you swear you can hear more footsteps of more guards from behind you.

If anything, you guys are absolutely screwed.
And you know you think this every single time you are chased down a long corridor, but this time it's for real.

"Namjoon," Jin hollers, shoulders heaving,

"What's the plan?!"

Namjoon chuckles nervously while running.
And he doesn't give an answer.

"Namjoon?" Jungkook panics, doe eyes wide.

"The plan?"

"Dear god, please tell me you have a fucking plan-" Taehyung's voice is cut off as a knife whizzes past his head, barely dodging it before it lodges itself in the wall.

The thudding of footsteps from behind you continues to grow in volume.

"About that...I don't have a plan."

"YOU DON'T HAVE A PLAN? I'M GOING TO KILL YOU," Jin shrieks, and dear god you almost see Namjoon's soul leaving his body at the sight of a furious, spluttering Jin glaring at him.

If anything it spurs Namjoon to pick up the pace, and Yoongi curses as he deflects another knife coming towards your direction.

"How did they find us so quick?" Taehyung mutters and Jimin looks like he's about to tear his hair out.

"Probably because we took down a whole group of men, shattered a glass wall and didn't bother to cover the evidence, Taehyung, ever think of that?"
Jimin spits angrily like a cat and you would've laughed at this whole situation if it were not for the murderous intent of numerous guards coming behind you.

You hold in a yelp as you barely dodge a knife aimed at your head.

"There should be an opening down this corridor, we're almost there, but we need to outrun these guys first," Namjoon yells from the front.

Beside you is Jungkook, and, meeting your eyes, your stomach starts to sink at the glint in his gaze.

"Jungkook, don't you dare-"

"I'll lag behind and distract them. You guys get there first," Jungkook interrupts, and you're so, so tempted to knock the boy out.

"Jungkook! Are you insane?!"

Jungkook shakes his head and he starts to slow down, only to yelp as Yoongi hits him with a hard, hard slap to the ass.

"This isn't a fucking action movie Jungkook, now get your fucking legs and start running fucking faster!"

Namjoon veers around the corner and stops at a doorway, ushering everyone in.

And just as you see the guards coming around the corner, Namjoon slashes a rope above him, causing a gate to fall with a loud clang.

"Jesus. Fucking. Christ." You pant, hunched over your knees in attempts to regain your breath.

But as soon as you think you've finally succeeded, your thoughts are cut short as the ground beneath you gives way to nothing.