Farewells and golden pets

Quix arrived at Geo's house first to collect his stuff, and soon after Tax arrived as well, they silently sifted through everything bringing each thing  back to their carts, they left the couch, dining table and chairs.

Rebel sat in the carriage sleepily, boxes of clothes, towels, kitchen appliances, bed sheets and etc, placed around him, he glanced over at Echo and Goldy who were swinging their legs impatiently, he watched another carriage approach.

Quix grinned at the sight, it was Geo, he gave Tax and Quix side hugs and gave quick pats to all the humans, he was in more of a rush seeing as he needed to inspect the place and ensure it hasn't been demolished in his absence.

Quix and Tax were finished though, they stood outside and looked at each other, it started with snorts then full out laughter, "so that whole goodbye before was for nothing?" Chuckled Quix, Tax nodded solemnly, "it appears so" he said dramatically unhappy before laughing again, they chuckled and said their final farewells to the humans, the drivers tried hurrying them up.

They sat in their carriages and let themselves be taken away, Geo ran out and waved before sending them a gesture that clearly said what he thought of them not saying goodbye to him.

The roads were long, but Tax arrived in hoof town, before Quix arrived at his destination.

They stopped him before an area it had 10 acres and a small house, Tax knocked on the door, an older werewolf opened it, grinning at the sight of him, "ah, you're the trainee, pleasant to meet ya, let's make some ground rules and set things up and you should be good to go in a year, then I'll retire the year after that" explained the werewolf, she had a wide grin, Tax was confused, "retire?" He questioned, "yes, I will retire, you'll inherit my land and the horses, then you can choose whether you want to be a casual driver, fortama driver, breeder, trainer or even business driver" stated the werewolf, "but let's discuss this later, let's put your stuff in the shed, and I'll tell you more while I show you around... What is your name?" Asked the werewolf, "I'm Tax, yourself?" Answered Tax, "ah, I'm Fell" she said, she saw the humans sitting in the carriage and grinned, "I have the perfect horse to train you with" she said, gently patting Echo, Tax grinned to himself, "you can bring your humans, they will also benefit from looking around, as they will be living here" stated Fell.

After stuffing the boxes in the small shed, the carriage driver waved and headed off. Echo and Goldy hooked their hands to their backpack straps, Fell led everyone to a large stable, "what's a business driver" asked Tax, "well you can do errands for, food chains, delivery, rescue houses~~" began Fell "rescue houses! Really?" Interrupted Tax excitedly, Fell sighed, she wasn't mad, just happy to see someone wasn't doing it so they could go on a fortama again.

"This will be a difficult time, and even more difficult once you get started by yourself" stated Fell, she stood in front of two painted sliding doors, she opened them and walked in, the light seemed to travel down the corridor, Fell pointed out the Tack room, shower, and then the stalls, only four horses were in here, on one side stood two gorgeous massive horses who seemed to sleep through everything, and on the other were two smaller and less thick looking horses, "I brought in these four while you finished packing the shed" explained Fell before walking to an almost golden horse, Tax stared in awe, Fell giggled and glanced at the golden humans.

"This is a palomino Quarter horse cross, with palomino being it's colour and Quarter horse being its more dominant breed, his name his Jester" fondly explained Fell, "these four will be your training four, you will work with others, but these are your main goal" added Fell, she gently ran her hand down Jester's face, the horse leant into her and snorted, "they are all five years old, done basic training, you will have to work on getting them properly trained" explained Fell, she smiled at Tax's nervous look, "it's easier to be thrown into the deep end with horses, it helps you understand them quicker" sighed Fell.

Goldy was already trying to pat the horses, "oh, horses generally don't stay in the stable, unless their injured, sick, pregnant, a yearling, or even just to give them some time after an extra hard riding or driving session" explained Fell, Tax nodded, "horses like Jester are for pleasure, they can still pull carts, but bigger breeds are more suitable, so pleasure horses, are ridden while driving horses pull the carriages, both can do either, its just preferred as bigger horses like Shires and Clyde's are stronger then Stock horses and quarter horses, especially not thoroughbreds" stated Fell, she looked at Tax who nodded along but seemed a bit confused, "but we'll discuss this later, let's bring them outside, you can take Jester, I'll take Bon and your humans can take the other two" stated Fell, Tax gazed at her in surprise, "oh don't give me that look, those two are gentle giants, they wouldn't put a foot wrong, even if they are only five" assured Fell, she attached lead ropes to each horses halters, handing the opposite ends to hands, she opened the stall doors and Tax's new life began.