Secrets among roommates

Two guys sat on a couch in a messy lounge room, clothes scattered everywhere and plates on the table from last nights pizza, a homemade mess. The boys were pretty happy, talking about the night befores movie marathon, one of which was a movie about a human pet who had become lost and traveled far to find her owner, it was an emotional movie, and both guys had an amazing idea, "why don't we get a human!!" They had shouted in unison while wiping tears from their eyes.

So now they just sat plotting out a plan, it was Sunday and they had barely completed their work, but that wasn't at the top of their minds. Sometimes one of them would come up with a thought, even researching nearby places to buy a human from, and soon they had a reasonable plan, they would save up this weeks pay to get everything for the human, as well as getting the human.

The next week was spent working with such excitement and vigor that the employers were quite pleased and teachers rather relieved that they had completed what was needed, soon enough they had set up their bedrooms and gotten harnesses, leads, food, clothes, and had gotten in contact with a nearby pet shop, everything was going pretty well, there was only one issue, the rented apartment was not allowed to have pets, so this was going to be a secret among roommates.

Finally Saturday arrived and they rushed over to the pet shop as soon as they woke up and got dressed, the pet shop had just opened and the two rushed in, the front of the pet shop was filled with dogs, cats, birds and various other small animals, the humans were at the back of the shop.

"Ok just fill out these forms and we should be all set!" Stated the lady at the counter, she kept a look of professional cheer, both of the guys began writing:

Name: Quix

Age: 19

Type: Vampire

The bottom of the form explained that they had made a joint payment and have dual ownership of the humans.

Quix stood in front of a camera, smiling widely, his freckled face, deep green eyes and wild brown hair all being immortalized in that image.

Name: Tax

Age: 20

Type: Werewolf

Tax now stood before the camera, trying to make himself look good, his blue eyes scrunched up as he patted down his black hair, that scene will also be forever immortalized despite Tax's cries for a redo.

They entered the human room, it had humans of various young ages grouped in glass cages, the humans watched curiously as they sat naked. They all looked so cool to the two guys, a group of two were split off from the rest, they were of different ages which never happened with store bought pairs. The lady began explaining each trait and ease of care that the boys would need to establish, Quix asked about the separate two.

"Oh those two, there wasn't any pair options for either of the two, since they are siblings, they are temporarily being paired," explained the lady, and she began to encourage the boys to buy the two, as if someone shows an interest in something its an employees job to encourage them to buy it.

Thus it began, the two had excitedly bought the 8 year old sister and 12 year old brother, and now came the hard part sneaking the two into the apartment.