To far

Quix stared at Rebel who kept his eyes out the back of the carriage, Echo was happily playing with the puzzle toy Tax had bought him, Goldy was listening to her 'pet' bird, her eyes wide and happy.

"How long will this trip take?" Asked Tax, he was trying his best to ignore the toy birds high pitched tweeting, "around a week and a half" replied Julius, Rebel was growing irritated and Goldy didn't have a care in the world, "turn it off!" Cried out Rebel, "no" said Goldy, Echo looked up from his puzzle, "just don't listen to it" pointed out Echo, "just don't!... How do you expect that hey?" Asked Rebel in bafflement, Echo grinned, "I have been, so you can to" stated Echo, Rebel rolled his eyes and moved as far away as his leash would allow, which was pretty close to the back end, the open area that if the leash wasn't connected, Rebel would have just jumped off.

The first few days were bearable, but as Tax had known would happen, the noise was becoming a frustrating annoyance, "Goldy!" Called Tax, she looked at him curiously, Tax walked over and picked up the bird and switching it off, Goldy was heartbroken, trying to jump up and reach the toy, Tax didn't like making her so upset, but he needed to look out for everyone's sanity, Goldy sat And cried for the rest of that day, Tax didn't know which noise was more mentally draining, the sad sobs, or the annoying screeching.

It was during a toilet stop the next day that Tax gave it back to her, Julius left with Echo and Quix rushed off to do his business by himself as he had already taken Rebel and Tax had already taken Goldie, so he gave her the bird toy and delighted she flicked it on, giggling like mad, once again Rebel told her to turn it off, she didn't in fact she brought it closer, "but look at my happy bird!" Cooed Goldie, Rebel grumbled and flinched at a very loud note, he snatched the annoying thing and flung it to the ground, the head moved robotically and the sound was no more, it did though make a grinding mechanical noise, Goldie gasped and sobbed, "you murdered!" She screeched, Rebel looked at her, the guilt filling his very core, "I.." He began, but angered by this Tax let out one of his growls and stood up, he snatched up the whip and approached, Rebel made eye contact and backed away, he didn't like the mad look Tax had, the rope reached its end and it stopped Rebel in his steps, he flinched away as the whip whacked down on his arm, Rebel hissed with pain as he held back the shout of pain, tears filled his eyes, and again the whip collided with his fingers, he whimpered and looked at the angrily speaking werewolf, he was terrified.

Once Quix returned he looked at the carriage, the broken bird toy, Tax cradling a sobbing Goldie and Rebel tucked up against a wall, cradling his arm and hand, two angry red lines marked onto his arm and hand, Quix was lost for words, "what happened?" He asked, Tax wouldn't look at him, Quix walked over to Rebel who flinched away, Rebel eyed Quix with a new fear, Quix hugged the terrified teen close, "my poor Rebel" he soothed, "do you not care for our Goldie," growled Tax, "of course I do! But right now she has you and Rebel needs someone to, I sure hope you didn't do what I think you did" exclaimed Quix, "he needed it, look at what he did!" Snapped Tax, "you know very well that a punishment isn't supposed to make them fear you! A punishment is to make them realise the bad consequences!" Shouted Quix, Rebel jumped slightly, Quix held him tighter, before releasing him and sitting beside him.

Echo and Julius stood outside, Echo's previous good mood was ruined, he didn't know who to comfort, his precious sister or new friend, he knew his sister would get over the toy, so he decided on Rebel, "I should of never excepted that thing" growled Quix eyeing the abandoned whip, Rebel curled up into Quix's side, Echo sat beside Rebel, rubbing the upset teens hip in an attempt to be comforting, Tax was angry at the fact Echo was comforting Rebel, "he's going to be a bad influence! You should never have excepted a feral human!" Said Tax, his voice filled with irritation, Goldy looked up at him, she didn't like his angry voice, she wanted his soothing voice, Julius merely went back to the driver seat leaving them to sort themselves out.

The carriage began moving, "don't you dare Tax! Echo will be himself! He's already getting a little more independent, like the time he went for a walk without me!" Snapped back Quix, "what? When was that?" Asked Tax irritably, "when you were off shopping in Doll village!" Replied Quix, Tax frowned and patted Goldie's head gently, "er, that doesn't matter! I'm talking about violence!" Snapped Tax after a moment, Quix simply shook his head and started talking to Rebel softly, "so, is he just going to take over Goldies and Echo's spot?" Asked Tax, Quix shook his head.

The rest of the day, noone noticed they had forgotten to connect Echo to the carriage, and noone spoke, it was rather concerning, and Echo despite his concerns spent the day grabbing his puzzle and showing Rebel how it works, but Echo was nervous, he didn't like not being attached to the carriage or spoken to properly, as the only thing that was said to him was Quix saying he's a good boy for playing with Rebel, Goldy slept in Tax's arms and he didn't want to let go, "aren't you going to muzzle his arms?" Growled Tax, Quix shook his head, "no, because that would be cruel, so just shut it" snapped Quix, Rebel eyeing Quix.