An apple a day

After Quix returned, giving Tax a confused look, the room erupted with voices, some people making baby voices, others complaining, although that was only like 3 people, the rest were staring with big curious eyes, Echo squeezed out of Tax's jacket and huddled under Quix's table and cuddled the vampires legs, Goldy joining him, all this attention was making her nervous.

The teacher picked up a ruler and thwacked it hard into a table, "I understand, but this is class, I will allow the humans to remain here, but everyone's attention needs to be on me!" Snapped the teacher, he didn't seem mad at the humans, or the two embarrassed owners, the class shut up and resumed watching him.

Quix and Tax had to wait for the class to leave before heading off, worried that their pets would become even more stressed, the teacher started to laugh, and lead the group out of the room, the girl hanging at the back of the group and looked at the dent caused by the teacher as he had whacked the table with his ruler.

Walking back home the boys were constantly approached by classmates, it was odd, but Tax enjoyed the attention, while Quix shyly stayed quiet, the girl had to head off to work. One guy even talked about his own humans, which caused Quix to perk up and join in, it seemed in mere moments those two had become friends, Quix continued talking with the boy named Geo, Echo mumbled and whined, he was hungry and wanted food, but most of all he wanted to go home, Tax glanced at Echo, Goldy was tugging Tax all around the place though, so he didn't have a chance to see what Echo wanted.

Geo looked at Echo thoughtfully, kneeling down, he asked the human what was up, glad to get some attention Echo began rubbing his belly and repeating the word hungry in his own language, pulling a apple from his bag, Geo gave it to Echo who happily began to chomp down, he liked this new boy, so he stayed close to him.

Goldy was investigating an old fallen log, jumping away from a frog that hopped onto it, she may have been brave, but this creature looked terrifying, all green slimy and croaky, Tax laughed, but picked her up, he just wanted to get home and have some lunch, she whined and complained, before giving in and cuddling into Tax's arms.

They reached their apartment and entered, they were tired already, putting Goldy down Tax watched her bolt off to make her own fun, Geo and Quix began trying to train Echo who refused to listen.

He had had enough, he was tired, and the stress had given him a headache, "I never had to train my two, they were shelter bought" explained Geo, giving in and patting the head of the irritated human. Echo finally released of his harness, enjoyed the feeling of no longer being confined, but he waited for them to remove the collar, noone did, so storming off and lying on Quix's bed, Echo tried pulling and tugging the thing, it didn't move and he soon fell asleep mid attempt.

Goldy was fumbling with a lamp, Tax grabbed her lead glad he hadn't removed anything, they began a weird tug of war, with Tax firmly holding the lead and Goldy desperately pulling it with both hands, she collapsed on her bum and grumbled, Tax sighed, "maybe we got her to young" sighed Tax.

"Actually, in terms of training you got her to old, three to five year olds are best, but don't worry their quick learners, I'm sure she has been taught a word that tells her not to touch something, after all she has passed that preferred age" explained Geo, Tax looked surprised.

"I'm guessing those sibling had been there for a while" added Geo thoughtfully, Quix laughed, "well I wouldn't change anything" stated Quix, walking over and patting her, "give her a treat" said Geo, "she's behaving now" added Geo.

Tax went and got her one of their last apples, she happily ate it, no longer eyeing off the tall lamp,Quix proceeded to pick her up, he carried her to the couch and turned the TV on to some channel with a kids show on it, she happily watched the show and ate her apple, "wow" murmured Tax, Geo laughed, before saying something to Quix which sparked a whole new conversation.