twenty-nine.

After finding that there is a mandatory business dinner tonight, Justin and I found ourselves relieved that my father had extended his trip another week. As of now, he'll be leaving in two days but then again we've all been getting along and spending so much time together that I don't foresee that happening.

"Babe, did you ask your dad about tonight?" Justin asks as we're on our way to work.

"Yeah, he said he'd be at the house around five so we have time to get ready without having to worry about the kids." I inform him while looking down at my phone and sending the last message of my conversation.

"Cheating on me over there?" Justin asks, squinting a little, playfully.

I laugh. "Yeah, with Aileen."

He chuckles. "How is she?"

I nod before shrugging. "Good. Her boyfriend moved in when I moved out, so it worked."

"Good. I'm glad she's doing well without you to keep everything in order."

I roll my eyes. "Barely."

"You do it at home." he says.

I shake my head. "No, mama Lee keeps everything in order at home."

He shrugs. "You could do it."

"Maybe if I didn't work." I shrug. "Don't think about saying it, we've already agreed." I tell him before he can say anything.

He chuckles. "I know, I know."

Arriving to work, we go our separate ways, making time for each other during lunch but doing our own work otherwise, as usual. At 4:55pm, we climb into the car and start making our way home, knowing that Mama Lee will be gone and my father, step mother and the kids will be at the house instead. Getting there only fifteen minutes later, we get out of the car and walk into the house, immediately hearing the pitter patter of feet.

"Daddy!" Kameron yells.

"Mama!" Elena screams.

Brayden simply squeals, following behind as fast as he can.

I greet Elena before putting her down and grabbing Brayden, kissing all of his face as well.

"Hi dad." I smile.

"Hey sweetheart." he grins. "That sure was something."

"What? They're reactions?" I ask, Brayden on my hip.

"Oh yeah." he nods.

I smile. "It's an every night thing."

"And we're not complaining." Justin chuckles. "Hey Connor."

"Justin." my dad smiles, nodding once.

"Alright guys, daddy and I have a dinner we have to go to for work." I tell the kids, putting Brayden down.

"So, we have to get ready." Justin tells them.

"Okay!" Kameron laughs.

"Did you guys have dinner?" I ask, turning to them.

"No." Kameron shakes his head.

"Okay," I hum.

"You go get ready. It takes you longer. I'll get dinner together." Justin tells me.

I grin, kissing him quickly in appreciation and jogging quickly up the stairs making Brayden start screaming in disapproval.

My heart aches as I hear him scream but I know I must get ready, quickly curling my hair and taking off my makeup to start completely fresh as Justin walks in.