Chapter Twenty-one~ One Body, Two Souls.

Luna watched the strange duo talk, from within the DarkCore.  Learning there names, and realizing that  they mean't no harm towards Sly.  Luna felt herself relax just a bit, the Lizard-like creature was named Red, and the rather tall Cyborg was named Wrex.

She had watched as Wrex had carried Sly  to the infirmary.  Luna watched over Sly's comatose subconsciousness as the days passed by since there, rather chaotic escape. 

The machines that had been strapped and plugged into Sly's body where keeping them alive, giving him the much needed nutrients and vitamin's. If Sly died , Luna had a horrible feeling she would to...

She the Moon Goddess, the forgotten Divine, had caused her protector to become like this.  The corrupted powers of the DarkCore, had slipped through, when she had lost focus. Immediately attacking Sly's body, and entering his mind. Causing him to slip into a coma from the sudden shock of dark energy.  Over the days since there escape and the incident, Luna had been fiercely fighting and purging the dark-power from his body.

Luna had gotten rid of most of the escaped energy, and sealed it back into the DarkCore.  But because of the energy she herself had to use, she had become weak, and tired.

She needed to rest,  Luna was confident now that she and Sly, where safe, in body and mind, well for aleast now.  She knew that these two strange men would somehow try and help Sly.  

She once more focused her mind and thoughts,  searching for any sign that Sly was going to awaken.  But she only felt darkness,  battling the corrupt energy and watching over Sly had taken its toll on her.  

She felt herself drifting to sleep, she struggled  grabbing onto Sly's sleeping mind with her thoughts. She would protect him even in her sleep,  she could feel his soul, sleeping recovering from the energy.  She slowly floated down in the darkness of his mind and reached his soul, she grabbed his sleeping form and hugged it.

She felt herself drifting off now....but atleast she was with Sly now...she could now leave the rest to Red and Wrex....

Luna herself did not realize just how special the bond with Sly was.  The DarkCore, even though it was a corrupted sliver of the MoonShard, could be purified to a point with Luna's powers. Meaning that  Sly could access the powers of the DarkCore by will, with out suffering or being tainted by the DarkCore's energy.

Every living conduit  that had been currently fused with  the DarkCore had died from overuse and being tainted by the Dark energy. But because of Luna's Soul for the first time, the DarkCore was slowly being purified.

Sly's Soul somehow must have called out,  awakening the sealed Goddess's Soul.  Luna had traveled though the energy wave that connected the lost piece and the MoonShard  together.  

She realized for the first time, this mortal could have the power to save  her and the Universe from utter destruction.

But now Sly's body housed two souls,  One Mortal, One Divine.  And that had forced the change on his once normal human body. The DarkCore had adapted his body to fit both of the souls energy.

The closer the relationship between Sly and Luna got, the more powerful the bond was.   But if the two even faltered or lost focus, like Luna had at the Glome,  it could do great harm. 

Two souls, one heart,one body, two minds. The Goddesses real body may have been sealed away but for now, the two would become the greatest force of good ever known to the Universe.

And the people they met on there journey would also become powerful friends.  Red and Wrex, may have just  brought the biggest adventure on to there ship ever. 

As Sly and Luna slept, peacefully and safe aboard the [Delmora],  Red and Wrex, the crew of the ship, headed towards the, being that would, change all of there lives.