Chapter Seventeen~ Glome

Sly, had finally reached the Glome, he flew down and tucked in his wings in as he dived in mid air,  the speed increasing. Just before he was about to smash into the ground he opened his wings once more and they unfolded, he glided safely to the ground.  

"(I'm going to stick to the shadows and avoid any contact,  since we escaped,  the city has been put on high alert....I need to find a ship  as fast as possible!)" he whispered to Luna with his thoughts. Sly had landed in a small hidden port that looked like it was mean't for tiny SpaceRovers, it was surrounded by huge ships.  The Glome's, round and huge ceiling stretching high above him.   The Glome was such a massive building is could fit an entire armada of battleships!  The Glome was about 100ft off of the ground, the base of the SpacePort was a tower, the bottom was a greeting center of sorts,  a teleporter connected the top base from the bottom entrance.  The middle of the Glome was a huge tower, the actual Port being the top base.  

Sly leaned against the metal of one of spaceships hiding his presence,  he peeked around the corner of the ship, his eyes scanning the area.   There seemed to some sort of market going on, all kinds of goods where being sold.  Sly needed smoothing to hide himself in, he had no money so he was going to have to steal something.  The place was to crowded for him to even sneak around in, he needed a cloak to hide his wings and body....his horns where going to be a problem.   He leaned back into he shadows of the giant ship, as a Guard passed by.

"{ Sly....What About  That  Creature Over There?  It Has A Cloak Big Enough To Hide Your Horns As Well!}"  Luna telepathically told him,  her gentle voice echoed in his head, suddenly an image of  a very big alien wearing a rather worn out cloak appeared in his head. 

Sly grinned, "(How did you do that? Showing me that "Image" in my head?  heh, that cloak will fit perfectly for our needs....and he's not to far from our hiding place either....Luna your a genius!)" Sly gratefully thought back to her. Sly saw Luna's thoughts turning, slightly red, his grin got  wider.

The bulky alien was indeed very close to Sly's hiding space, Sly looked around taking in all the details.  He looked at the guard that had was near him, and the how far he was from him. 

Sly started to think, a quick but simple plan forming In his head, Luna read his thoughts and gave a small laugh.     

--------------------------------------

The guard looked bored, he thought how crappy his job was, the guard saw something moving in the shadows behind the giant ship near him. He walked over to investigate, holding his laser pistol tightly.

--------------------------------------

Sly saw the guard approaching them, he pulled himself deeper into the shadows of the ship. Finally the guard was walked past the sight of anybody else and was hidden by the giant ship. The guard looked suspiciously around the small dark  Port, and shook his head he saw nothing and turned around.   Only to walk right into Sly, Sly had snuck up behind the guard from the shadows.  The Guard gave a terrified yelp, but Sly covered his mouth before he mad ethe noise.  Sly pushed the poor alien guard  against the wall, Sly looked into his face and whispered.

"I am not going to kill you.....I just need your outfit and gun,  that means your going to strip yourself of your clothes and give them to me. If you do not comply with what i asked then i will take them by force understood?"  he threateningly and calmly whispered to the terrified guard. 

The guard really was having a bad day, first his pay had been lessened, his girlfriend had cheated on him and now he was being mugged  by some half naked demon man.    

The Guard looked at Sly and nodded, Sly took his hand from the aliens mouth. In a few moments Sly had changed his ripped and torn pants, to the guards well armored suit.  Sly looked pityingly at the naked and sniffling guard.   He gave a heavy sigh, he walked over to the rather unlucky alien and leaned down to speak. 

" I can't leave you like this..ugh..was not part of the plan..curse my guilt....see that alien over there wearing that rather big cloak?  trade that cloak for this gun and i will give you something in return for this okay?"  he whispered to the rather naked alien.

The alien nodded.  In a few minutes  the guard came back his face beat red. he looked longingly at his old clothes.  Sly took the reddish cloak and covered himself with it,  it looked odd but not out of place,  Sly turned to the guard .

" I am truly sorry for what i did to you,  here take your badge, guard,  return to your barracks and say that you got robbed  by a group of thugs  trying to kill you. Remember the alien i asked you to give and trade the  gun to? tell them that alien stole your gun and was part of the group that mugged you.  You should be able to get another outfit and perhaps a promotion for finding the "thug", i must go now."  Sly turned around from the guard,  he looked just like an other of the aliens in the Glome.  

He walked from the shadows and entered the market.  His eyes scanning the various ships that lined the small market. A rather large crowd was up ahead of him, he walked over to the crowd curious as to what was rallying them up so.  He shuffled his way to the front of the crowd and noticed the odd duo before him.   One looked like a giant red lizard and the other looked  like a Cyborg, they seemed to be selling strange things.

Suddenly the ship behind the odd duo started to make a strange sound, it sounded like an alarm. The Lizard  man and Cyborg, turned around from there sale and looked at what must be there ship.

They had an odd expression on there faces.  Suddenly a beam of small light shot from the ship and pointed right at Sly. Sly let out a small curse, what the heck was the ship doing? what was this strange light coming from it?

The Odd duo followed the small ray of light and saw that it had landed on Sly, there eyes widend and they looked at each other then back at him. The crowd had grown silent, watching the odd event. 

Suddenly the Lizard man, yelled and said the sale was over. Sly felt alarmed the Cyborg was walking towards him! 

Sly quickly turned to run but suddenly felt his body get weak,  the crowd was starting  riot, and get angry at the Lizard Mans sudden decision.

Sly felt a wave of dizziness wash over him, he heard Luna's voice calling out his name faintly in his mind. The Cyborg had caught up now and caught Sly's body just as he collapsed from nausea.

He heard the Cyborg trying to tell him something, but the crowd had gotten to loud and out of control, guards had started to swarm the market place. 

Sly  felt himself being picked up by the Cyborg. The Cyborg looked at Sly and tried to tell him something again but Sly's consciousness was fading fast. 

As Sly's vision darkened he heard the Cyborg mutter "-How is this possible?-". 

The last thing Sly heard was Luna's panic cry, "{SLY!}"  then darkness took hold of him.