Chapter Eight~Rumours Or Truth?

A month had passed since the disappearance of a certain planet.  Well that is to say a planet suddenly vanishing does not go unnoticed.  Rumors and  Theories started to spread like some galactic plague.

The most frightening of these rumors was that a certain and widely feared  group of people simply known as the DARK had built a new weapon. A weapon powerful enough to destroy planets. And that the disappearance of this planet was proof of its existence. Of course Scientists and high ranking members in there respecting sectors dismissed this rumor with  a laugh.

A group of Researchers where sent out to find ou the truth of this rumour. They traveled to the spot the planet use to be located. 

Let's just say when they reached the spot they sat speechless.  The news of what the saw and reported shook the Universe with shock. The planet had been a primitive planet known as Earth.   

What they saw could simply be described as horrific...

There was only one way to explain what they saw. Imagine being in a dark room, No matter what type of light you use it just gets sucked into the darkness. The darkness being so strong  it literally had a physical effect.   There was only one possible  substance  in  all the Universe that could do this.

DarkMatter.  

So little was known about it, accept it was mentioned in a very old legend. The Legend was known As the Ancient Empire.

 [-It  is said that long ago an Ancient Empire of great power had ruled the Universe.  They where said to have a weapon that was powered by something called the DarkCore. The Ancient Empire had a home planet that was just as  legendary as the DarkCore.  

It is mentioned in that legend that there planet was entirely made out of darkness... that there ships and very Technology was powered by  something called DarkOrbs  that held  the  power of DarkMatter in them.

And the beings themselves where made out of this energy...this Darkness was so powerful it could become solid. Like flesh or bones.  But there Era of Darkness was said to come to a sudden halt. The Entire race was destroyed by something or..someone. There planet disappeared from the  minds of people as time went on. Becoming only a myth. There Technology still remains today. There tech was recognized by the dark Crystal material and red runes that marked them. They become known as Lost Tech.-]

The Research Crew quickly left the area in haste. The place earth use to be was renamed the DarkZone.  It was avoided like the plague.Whenever Space-travelers of any kind passed it they prayed to Mars that it would not happen to there homes.

The News of such a tragedy brought the Legend of The Ancient Empire into the Spotlight.

Whispers of the legend and  the rumours of the new and horrible weapon that DARK had, suddenly connected.

Many people all over the Universe started to wake up to the cold reality. DARK was back and it had brought back hell with them.