Chapter Twenty~ An Old Freind

The [Delmora] raced through the atmosphere of H_Q like a comet,  flames sprouting from its wings, causing it took like a phoenix.  The thrusters flames turning a deep blue,  it almost seemed to cut the very sky itself with its speed.   

The ship gave a resounding *BOOM* as it burst fourth into space.  The ship gave a spiraling twirl as it, reached its true sky, the beautiful and vast universe.  The flames, shot off its twisting hull and dispersed into the starry void.  

The  [Delmora],  a ship built with love and hardship, the engine its heart,  its wings its soul, its thrusters the flames of its freedom.   And the captain her creator, her loving master.     

Red  relaxed in his seat, a huge smile on his face, as he gazed lovingly at control panel his hands caressing the ships control module.  Once again the ship he had built had saved , his worthless life. 

Red swore angrily inwards, recalling the black ship, the one that had tried to destroy his lovely creation. His heart burned with anger.  He clenched his teeth,  if it were not for his Dwavern Gas, they would all be dead by now. 

Red  took his loving gaze from the ship's module, and glanced back at his long time, partner and friend Wrex.  He could not help but grin at the tall Barlock/Cyborg,  Wrex  noticed Red's mysterious smile and gave an irritated snort and went back to assessing the ship's damage,on the status screens surrounding him.

Red  grinned even wider, the story of there friendship was indeed a strange one.  Red turned around and yet again gazed upon the stars, that stretched beyond his sight, from the cockpit windows. 

There "cargo" that they had grabbed from the planet, was tightly secured to one of the infirmary bay tables. Red had ordered the strange creature to be moved into the infirmary from the passenger hold.  A pang of worry crossed his mind,  the poor creature looked like it had been through alot.

The only reason they had decided to pick it up at all was because the E.T, had reacted strangely to it. But now that the creature was on board the ship, it had returned to normal!

The E.T must of been attracted to the creature's odd gem on its chest.  He glanced back at the, door that led to the rest of the ship.  It had been a few days now,  since there epic escape from the gloomy planet.  Wrex had suggested that they move out of the ForsakenZone.

By now they where leagues away from the dark sector,  the damage tot he [Delmorra] was slowly being repaired.

Red smiled again, pride filling his heart. He remembered the rare find the E.T had found floating in a long lost, ship graveyard. It looked like it was the floating remains of a fierce battle, strange ships floated in shredded and rusted forms.  But one ship was almost whole, and that were the E.T had lead them to.  What they found was, so good it could live they rest of there lives in luxury.

The entire wrecked and rusted ship was full  of Lost Tech!   And one of those devices had been dubbed by Red as the, Mini Repair.     When Red and Wrex had installed on the [Delmora], they were in for a surprise. The M.R was somehow a self-repair devise, which meant any damage the ship took would repair itself over time. And the ship did just that, it had a now had a healing factor almost like, a normal organics healing abilities.

Red gave a soft sigh,  his creation was becoming more advanced with each installment. It was almost as if it was growing like a child.

There was no other ship in the entire universe like the [Delmora].  The ship could, create its own force-field,  grow food and water for the crew , Self-repair any damage over time,  the engine could run on any type of fuel.  Sometimes Red felt like the ship was alive at times, like it could feel there presence.

When they had installed the E.T, back on A.S.S , he could of sworn that the ship was happy. He had told Wrex this, but Wrex only laughed and said ships weren't alive.

But Red...felt and thought otherwise. When they had brought the limp creature on board, he defiantly felt a presence.

"Hey, Wrex can ya take care of da ship for abit ima goona go check on how, are little passenger is a doing  okay?" Red said to Wrex, the young Dwavern Prince, walked up from his seat and walked towards the exit, he looked back.  Wrex gave a quick glance and nodded.

Red exited the cockpit, and entered the small hallway that lead to the many rooms of the ship. He passed many rooms and entered the far end door. The sign above read infirmary. 

The automatic door opened as he steeped in. What greeted his sight was the strange creature, strapped to a medical bed.  He walked over to its sleeping form, and sat down on the small chair resting beside it.

The creature had wires and probes monitoring its heartbeat,  the straps where only there to hold it in place so it would fall off.   Red looked admiringly at the creatures imposing form.

He recalled what Wrex had told him about it.  Its gender was male, and was not categorized in any of the databases of alien species's.

Everything about him was a mystery, but it was clear the winged man was not going to wake up anytime soon. That had alarmed Red, something had clearly been done to the sleeping creature. Something cruel and harsh, when Wrex had performed a scan over his body, they found multiple scars and mass trauma on the young winged male.

This had angered Wrex....Wrex could somewhat guess what had happened to the comatose boy. The same thing had been done to Wrex. Wrex used to be a regular Barlock, but a corrupt and greedy corporation had captured him and used him in there experiments. Turning the once proud warrior into a monster.  

Red glanced back at the young creature, his chest going up and down, his breathing soft and slow. Red himself had been on a business trip for his homeworld when he had come across, Wrex. 

The tall cyborg and him had met each other in an ally-way, Wrex had just managed to escape from his kidnappers, when he had accidentally ran into  the prince. 

Wrex who saw an opportunity, immediately asked Red to help him, Red who had a good sense of adventure and business nodded yes. They both then ran like hell to the spaceport and escaped, the dreaded planet on a small Space-Vessel.

Since then they had gone through many adventures and formed a strange friendship.  Red cleared his mind of old memories and brought his gaze back to the creature.

It looked like all they could do was wait for the sleeping youth to wake up.....the other choice they had was to perform a Brain-Sync on him.  

A Brain-Sync was an operation that allowed, another person to sync there brainwaves with a comatose person and try to awaken them from within there own mind. But the User had to be someone of great,  ESP-like powers.  

Red  knew of one such person,  it had been along time since they had seen each other....and that old friend still owed Red a few favours. 

Red stood up and gazed one more time at the strange creature, then he left the room.

It looked like Red was going to have to visit his old friend soon.