Chapter Three: I Am Returned

Once again Merlyn found herself in Sigan's tomb, however, this time something was missing, something incredibly important. The blue jewel heart-stone, it had been removed from its setting. Along with the surrounding treasures obviously having been looted, it was clear to see that someone had been in the tomb. Merlyn stopped scanning the tomb to look at Arthur, whose fingertips lay in the circular dip that had once held the blue heart.

"Sound the warning bell" Arthur ordered the guards who he had brought with him. Of course the guards moved to do as Arthur demanded whilst the man himself followed them out of the tomb not even giving Merlyn a glance. Whilst Merlyn's gaze followed the prince Gaius found something of more interest on the floor beside the large stone coffin.

"Merlyn?" Gaius called as he picked up and showed her a clear stone heart. Merlyn took a deep breath at the object. This was not good. The blue heart-stone was no longer blue - Sigas soul had escaped. "Whoever did this got more than they bargained for." Merlyn sighed as she moved over to the iron door that had been fixed onto the entrance to the tomb. Merlyn checked the door for the tenth time unable to understand how this had happened.

"I don't understand how they got in. The gate's not damaged" Merlyn said as she pointed towards the gate in confusion. There was no other entrance to the tomb the thief had to have come through the gate but the gate had not been touched. That left one option.

"They must've used a key" Gaius said, taking the words right out of Merlyn's mouth. There was one problem though.

"Arthur's got the only key" Merlyn explained.

"Where does he keep it?" Gaius asked simply.

"On his belt with the others" Merlyn answered, knowing Arthur's routine like the back of her hand. "He only ever takes the key off when he's asleep and keeps it next to his bed."

"Who had access to his chambers last night?" Gaius asked. Merlyn shrugged her shoulders.

"Just me. And ... Cedric" Merlyn said her eyes widened upon her revelation. She should have know, Cedric was after the treasures of Sigan's tomb, that was why he wanted to be a member of the royal household, that was why he needed to get rid of her. Growling, Merlyn felt her hands curling into fists. "I knew he was up to something!" Quickly the girl stormed out of the tomb heading straight for a man who was going to listen to her if it was the last thing she made happen.

~8~

Storming into Arthur's chambers Merlyn found her other half sitting at his desk, pouring over documents that Merlyn could care little for in that moment. Not taking any prisons Merlyn made her way over to Arthur's desk were she slammed her hands down on the table, demanding his attention.

"Merlyn what-"

"Cedric is possessed by an evil spirit" Merlyn announced simply and strongly. Arthur didn't know what to think.

"What?" Arthur replied. Of all the things he had expected Merlyn to say when she came storming into his chambers that was not one of them.

"He tried to steal the jewel, but it wasn't a jewel, it was a soul of an ancient sorcerer, Sigan" Merlyn explained emphasising her words with her actions. However, of course the man decided to ignore her and push the truth away.

"Merlyn, have you been on the cider?" Arthur asked, narrowing his eyes at Merlyn, she didn't look like she had been on the cider but her words just made no sense at all.

"Listen to me. Camelot is in mortal danger" Merlyn tried again, she had to get it through his thick skull if it was the last thing she did. Sigan was a serious threat and Arthur was being pathetic. "Sigan is using Cedric's body to take his revenge."