chapter 22

One of the hardest things to do was to hang out with our group of friends and watch Hailey throw herself at Adam,while the three pervs threw themselves at me.

"So you went out with Marc and then Jason,so am I next? " Will said to me that day as we all lounged in his backyard,by his pool.

"I rather go out with a mule than go out with you " I muttered,trying to stay casual about Hailey looking too much like a freaking Victoria's secret model in her bathing suit. She was laying On a towel next to Adam,and they were both talking,but when ever he saw me take a quick glance at him,he would give me a tiny smile. And once in a while he would send me a sweet text message.

"Aw come on,just one date." He kept in insisting.

"Come on,leave her alone."Adam said lightly,but I could hear the hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Yo shut up Adam,your not the one who's desperate to get laid since you just did it with Hailey last week."

I stiffened in the beach chair I was sitting on,and saw Adam swallow hard,and look down at the ground,while Hailey just smirked."Oh,Adam!"she hit him playfully but he remained stiff in his chair,"I thought you weren't going to tell anyone!"

"So what,are you guys doing a friends with benefits thing or what? "I asked casually,not trying to show Adam how furious and hurt I was. We were together 2 days and he was already lying!! We agreed we wouldn't have pretend relationships with anyone so that no one got hurt,but obviously his damn player reputation was more important.

"Yes,"Hailey answered with a smug smile in her face. She snaked her long,skinny arm around his neck and said,"something like that."

I nodded slowly and pursed my lips. In my head,I counted to 10 in French to relax myself,so that I didn't lunge myself at Hailey and break her perfect little face.

"You guys are gross." Tanya said."sex isn't something you should just go around giving to anyone."

"Hey,I'm not just anyone," Hailey argued,"I was his girlfriend for two years."

"And stop being so old fashioned,jeez." Michael said to Tanya.

"It's not old fashioned, it's called morals. "She argued.

I stood up because I felt that at any second I was gonna get up and punch Adam across the face,and said,"Well as nice as this has been,I need to do somethings at home,so I'll see you guys later."

"Bye!"everyone said as I headed out.

Although Adam and I came in the same car,Will only lived a block away,so I ran home before Adam could come out and say some cheesy cliche like "Serena,I can explain."

Explain,my ass. I was furious and hurt.

I got home in full sweat,and found Peter sitting on the sofa alone,reading a book.

"Hey Peter." I said,"where's mom."

"In New York."he answered softly.

"...doing what?" I asked worried.

He looked up and gave me a reassuring smile,that didn't reassure me at all,"She just had some business to attend."

I nodded. Peter seemed pretty convincing so I decided to let it go. I had my own problems now anyways. I was dealing with a boyfriend who seemed to care more about his player Rep than me.

I went upstairs to my room and locked the door behind me. I wasn't going to cry,because it's not like Adam really did have sex with her. I was just angry about the fact that he probably bragged about doing Hailey and how good she was in bed or whatever. That Is what made me angry.