chapter 3

Any ideas who should play Adam??Please comment if you do!!

I burst into tears when I got home.

I told my mom I wasn't feeling too good after eating too many hor d'ouvres.

Really,my heart was broken.

Why,when I finally found a sweet guy,he turned out to be my step brother?

I think I was destined to be a single virgin forever.

I fell asleep right away.It was 2 am after all. After an awkward evening of having Adam give quick glances at me, and having him avoid absolute contact with me,I was ready to go home.

I told Ronnie about the whole mess last night, the next day when he was covering the puffiness of my eyes with make-up.

"Oh honey that's terrible!"he said compassionately.

"I know", I mumbled,staring at this poster on my wall of the Eiffel Tower,"he was so nice to me in the closet.He seemed like an amazing guy and I thought that maybe we could.."I choked up

He sighed,"Sweetie, he's your step brother.You two aren't blood related!"

I scowled to myself,"Ronnie,it's still kinda gross! How can I look at him normally and not remember the two of us making out!?"

"I don't know but you better try to because he's coming over today!"

I gaped"What?"

He nodded"Darlin',your mother's getting married in a week.She told me that he is going to be your partner and walk down the aisle with you too."

I groaned,"But he's so rude to me! And he ignored me all night as though we didn't almost have sex!"

Once again, I was being dramatic

Ronnie rolled his eyes at my exaggeration,"Well,maybe he felt the same way you did.He probably thought it was gross to make out with the girl he's going to be related to for the next,well,who know's how long."

l sighed,"I guess you're right Ronnie.I'll just have to try for mom since I just wanna see her happy."

Ronnie gave me an encouraging smile,"maybe things will get better sweetie,"

"l really hope so."

I called Alexis after Ronnie had left to fill her in with the news.

"I can't believe it!!",she exclaimed into the phone,so that I had to pull away,"I can't believe you made out with the guy who turns out to be your future step brother!That's crazy!"

"I know,it is kinda crazy,"

"I mean it's crazy how you,boy-phobic Serena DID that!!"

"Um I'm talking about how it's crazy that he's my step brother,"I grimaced.

She laughed,"Well who cares,he's totally hot and I gotta congratulate you!Are you going to become a little slut like me?"She joked.

I laughed,although I didn't consider Alexis a slut.She was the complete opposite of me though:extremely gorgeous with her long, straight golden hair and her light brown eyes, and her model physique,she was flirty,outgoing,popular,and experienced with guys. But even so, she's been my true and loyal friend since our mothers met at a birthing techniques class 17 years ago.