Chapter 13

Addie's P.O.V.

     We flew to this spot on a beach. It was tucked in the corner of the island, behind a bunch of rocks and reefs so no ship could even come close. The sand almost felt soft and we walked along the water with a full moon over our heads, providing us enough light to see all around us. We walked for a bit, not saying anything. I took a minute to close my eyes and breathe in the scent of the crisp water and sea air. It was Ben who broke the silence.

     "So, last you told me, you met Hook?"

     I stopped walking and turned to him. "You promise you'll actually listen?" I say seriously.

     "Promise."

     We started to walk again.

     "Ok, yeah. I stumbled onto the ship, and Hook threatened to make me some sort of maid or something. So I challenged him, well actually, he challenged me. He said if I won against him, I could go free, and if I lost, I'd be prisoner."

     "Ok, so then what?" Ben asked.

     "So he had someone throw me a sword and we fought. It really wasn't difficult. And I ended up knocking him to the ground and held my sword to his throat." Ben's eyes widen when i say this, and he looks as if he doesn't fully believe me.

     "He told me to finish him off, but I couldn't kill him. He agreed I was to go free, but when I turned to go, he knocked me off my feet and pinned me. He then told me I was going to stay anyways, so I spit in his face." Ben laughed at his and in a way he looked proud. I smile and continued.

     "But that was a seriously bad move. He ended up ordering a guy to tie me up and throw me overboard. And that's what happened. They tied me up, attached weights to my feet, and threw me over."

      Ben stopped and faced me, he looked angry and concerned in a way. "What?! How did you escape?"

     "The last thing I remember is sinking. Then I woke up on the beach. Two mermaids Lissie and Mickey had saved me."

     "I know them." Ben's face goes hard, but he almost looks a little sad. "What did they tell you?"

     "Well, they're the ones that told me I was in Neverland. They told me how to find Tinkerbell..." I can't believe I forgot my ring. I stop walking and feel some tears coming on. I face the water and put my back to Ben.

     "Addie, what's wrong?"

                                                                   Peter's P.O.V.

     I can hardly believe what I'm hearing! How did she fight Hook? She could've been killed! She almost was! But Addie doesn't seem like the lying type. But this just makes me even more angry at Hook. But thank god Lissie and Mick found her. They had always been great friends, and I haven't seen them since... I died. I know they must've told her something about me, but I hope she didn't figure out who I really am. So I just casually ask her, "What did they tell you?" She explains how they told her where she was and how to find Tink, which is something I'd like to know too. But then she stops talking and I no longer hear her footsteps besides me. I turn and she's facing the water, and it sounds like she's crying. I walk up behind her. "Addie, what's wrong?" I ask her.

     She sniffles a few times then turns to me. I can see the tears she's trying to hide, the moonlight is making them glisten like diamonds. I want to wipe them away, but I stay put and wait for her to talk.