Chapter 40

I realize this is a bit short, but you guys have been so patient with me I wanted to make sure I kept my promise!:) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                                             Addie's P.O.V.

     I had spent about ten minutes arguing with Peter about flying. I insisted I felt ok enough to fly on my own, while he insisted he carry me on his back. Looking back now, barely halfway to the Hollow, I regret not taking up his offer. My entire body ached, and I was flying extremely slow. Nobody said anything, they just flew slow with me. In fact, they all formed a protective circle around me, with Peter leading the way. He glances back at me every couple minutes, worry etched on his face, but he didn't say anything other than "We're almost there, Ads." I was thankful for that.

     Although I knew I probably should accept some help, I was beyond sick of relying on them to take care of me. Hook had not only killed me, he shattered the image I had spent my entire time in Neverland building for myself. They all used to see me as this strong, brave girl. Now, to them I was broken. Fragile. Weak. I could see it in their eyes and it killed me. 

     "We're here." Peter breaks up my mental self pity session and gently takes my hand. I follow him down into the charred remains of the Hollow. It had burned weeks ago, but the smell of thick smoke remained, as if the flames had only just been extinguished. 

     The rest of them land, forming another circle around Peter and me. I slide my ring off my finger carefully. "What do I do?" I ask clutching my ring to my chest. 

     "We aren't sure, to be honest." Jaz admits with a slight frown. Everybody else, including Peter, nods sadly in agreement. 

      I bite my lip and think. I look around, scanning my eyes over the blackened landscape when it hits me. 

      "The Tree!" 

      "What about it?" Peter puts his hand on my arm protectively, as if I was going to fall over from excitement. I shake him off gently, but not in a mean way. I could stand on my own.

      "We need to go to the stump of the Pixie Dust Tree." I say starting to walk in its direction.

     "Of course! Good thinking Addie!" Aanadi smiles and walks on the other side of me. She and Peter were barely an inch away from me, making me feel claustrophobic. I knew they were worried, but they were only making their point more clear; I was weak. I needed help. 

      I finally spot the stump and run ahead of the rest of them, ignoring Peter's protesting.

     "Addie! Be careful!" He sprints after me.

     I turn on my heels once I reach the stump and look him dead in the eyes. "I'm fine." I snap. He instantly looks hurt and my heart cracks a bit. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and he gently places his hands on my hips.

      "Peter. I'm sorry I snapped. I just need a little space. I-"

      "I know, we've been suffocating you." He cuts me off with a sigh. His beautiful blue eyes capture my gaze and I feel him relax a little as he smiles. "Apology accepted. Let's just finish up here. I want to get you home as soon as possible." He mutters before letting me go. 

     I smile softly and slowly slide my arms off of him, but he doesn't let me go right away. I wait a few seconds before laughing softly, wiggleing in his grip. "Peter,  you need to let me go." I say gently.