Chapter 33

Peter's P.O.V.

"This is it. Today's the day." I have been repeating those six words since I woke up this morning. I was in my little clearing again, staring at my refection in my tiny mirror. It was just after eleven, and the Boys and I weren't to meet with the tribe until noon. Dipping my almost completely dull razor into a small amount of water that had gatered in a large leaf, I begin to shave.

"This is it. Today's the-shit!" I toss my razor to the ground as I press my palm to my cheek. I wait a few seconds before slowly removing my hand from my face and holding it out in front of me. A nice thin line of blood sat in the middle of my palm. I groan and look in the mirror again. My right cheek had a decent cut that was dripping small drops of crisom blood. 

I curse again and pick up my small rag, firmly pressing it against my cheek. "Just great." I mutter under my breath. After a few minutes I put the rag down and notice it had stopped bleeding, but there was a nice red line near my lips.

I glance up, searching for the sun. I cover my eyes and figure it's about eleven-thirty.

"Close enough." I leap into the air and fly toward the hideout. I don't even stop. As I pass the hideout I call for the Boys to follow me. "Let's go men!"

Immediately they all come rushing out of the tree and take flight. I make sure they've caught up enough before turning my face toward the hideout. As we pass through the trees, my eyes can't help but wander in the direction of the ship. A soft growl forms deep in my throat and I force myself to look away. I fix my eyes on the smoke coming from the camp, and ball my hands into fists. 

This is it. Today's the day.

                                                                   Tinker Bell's P.O.V.

"No! No, this can't be right!" My heart sinks as the Hollow comes into view. "Addie was supposed to fix this!"

Everything was the same as it had been the last time I was here. No life. No color. Nothing was here. I cough a couple times, the air still reeking of smoke. 

I fly to the heart of the Hollow, but the only thing I found was the charred stump that had once been the great Pixie Dust Tree. I cautiously land on the stump. I turn slowly, scanning the black landscape for any sign of improvement, any sign of life. After I make one complete circle, I fall to my knees and scream as loud as my lungs will allow me.

"Why-how? Addie...." I whisper as my voice cracks before I break down into tears.

My home. My family. Everythings gone. Why is it still gone?! I helped Addie get that ring back for a reason! 

It takes me a few minutes to calm myself down. Taking deep breaths I lay on my back and stare up at the sky. 

"She left two weeks ago...did she...forget?"

I had left right after she did to make sure everything went smoothly here, but got side tracked. Since the fairies had been gone so long, Neverland had begun to suffer. The animals were suffering, the flowers and plants were looking sickly, and the water didn't quite look or taste right. I was no animal fairy, or garden fairy, I was a tinker through and through. But from watching my friends over all of these years, I had picked up a few tricks. So for the past two weeks I've been doing my best to comfort the animals and nourish the plants back to health. I couldn't do much about the water. Since I wasn't a water fairy, I couldn't work with it without getting wet. And if my wings got wet, things would've only gotten more complicated.