August 2020

Hello!

*Steps onto soapbox*

It has been a hot minute since I've logged on to Wattpad. I can't believe how intense it has gotten since I was a lonely teenager writing Peter Pan fanfic until 4 AM, haha. There's so many new features that I'm excited to learn, but I'm also intimidated.

 Looking back at some of the personal messages I've published as I wrote The Ring  and recognizing just how unhappy I was, (and realizing my grammar was atrocious) I cringe a little. However, I've grown significantly over the last few years. Writing was one of a few healthy coping mechanisms I had back then, and unfortunately towards the middle of high school and throughout college, my mental health tanked. I'm not going to do the thing I used to do here and type out every single little problem I had. Instead, I'm going to start over.

I've always regretted not finishing The Ring, and "letting people down." While my book definitely has more of a following than I realized, the reality is focusing on my mental health was, and always will be, more important than anything. I'm no longer going to focus on regret though. I'm going to take the energy I've put into regret and use it as motivation to write part 2 (and let's be honest, rewrite what I've already written so that I can redeem myself). 

My name is Genevieve, and I was around 14 or 15 when I joined Wattpad and started writing The Ring. As I mentioned, my mental health was absolute shit, and all the joy I got from writing seemingly disappeared overnight. I finally admitted to myself in college that I needed help, started going to therapy, got on some antidepressants, and rid myself of some pretty toxic friendships. I graduated from college in three years back in May 2019 and I've been working and living on my own with the love of my life (my cat) ever since. For the first time in a long time, I feel like I'm in a good place. I'm ready to continue rediscovering what makes me happy. 

*Steps off of soapbox*

I now feel like I'm super fucking old since it seems like a lot of people on here are younger, but oh well lmao. I'll relearn Wattpad! I hope that my awful grammar hasn't scared you away (if you're reading this, my guess would be it hasn't). I promise part two of The Ring will be much better (at least in terms of grammar). Hopefully I continue to bring you joy!

Please feel free to message me and reassure me I'm not picking this up again for nothing ;) And remember to do some form of self care today!

(Cat Instagram: benny_the_torti)