Chapter 30

Peter's P.O.V.

     Telling my story without mentioning Addie once posed a bigger problem than I thought it would. I realized that the past few weeks have revolved around her and I was having trouble coming up with stories about what I've been doing. "Oh, yeah, the Boys and I have done a lot of hunting." "I've been secretly observing the ship from the beach" The lies kept piling up and I felt horrible about it. I almost slipped up once and said Addie when I told them about the Hollow, which they had already known about. They asked me what I was doing over there if I didn't want to be discovered until today. I froze at the question. Obviously, I was there to find Tink for Addie. "I was worried about Tink." I said smoothly, which was also true. "And I figured I'd risk being discovered by the fairies to find out if she had made it home safely. Have you seen her?!" I asked hopefully.

     "Yes, she's been staying here for the past few days, actually." Jaz told me. "She went to go check out the Hollow. She should be back tonight."

     "By herself?" I ask alarmed.

     "She insisted on going alone." Aanadi said sadly.

     "Oh." I didn't push it any further. It was well known than when Tink wants something to go her way, it happens.

     Nobody said anything for a few minutes, I guess they were letting my story sink in. I was about to open my mouth when some of the children came crashing in, three little boys and a girl. They paused long enough for a quick bow to Jaz and Aanadi, but then they turned their attention to me.

     "Excuse us, Peter Pan," The smallest boy stared down at me, I was shorter than him since I was still sitting. "May we help you prepare for your feast?" The children all looked at me with hope shinning through their eyes. 

     I smiled and tousled his hair. "Of course, little fellow." The children's faces lit up brighter than the sun as they let out shrieks of delight. The little girl came up to me and held out her hands. I placed my hands in hers and she started tugging on them, I stood up with force and wobbled as I got to me feet, making it look like she had pulled me up all by herself. "Whoa! You're really strong! Thank you." I said with enthusiasm. She gave me an almost toothless smile, all of her baby ones had clearly just fallen out, and let out another laugh. I scooped her up in my arms and let the other boys lead me out of Jaz's tent. 

                                                              Jaz's P.O.V.

     "He's hiding something." Zee said as we watched Peter leave with the children.

     "I know." I shut my eyes, trying to make a mental list of everything that was different about him. The last time I saw him, he was almost one, maybe two feet shorter than me. Now I could look him in the eyes without barely tilting my chin down. I could tell he had just shaved, his voice was so much deeper, and he was so much more mature. He was acting like an adult.

     "It's not anything terrible though," Aanadi turned to us and I opened my eyes. "Peter would never keep something bad from us. Something else happened to him, he's just not ready to tell us yet. When the time comes, he will."

     "I know you're right," I smiled at her and took her hand.

     "I just wish he'd trust us enough to say it already." Zee muttered, sounding hurt.

     "You know this is no matter of trust, Zeeshan." Aanadi said sternly. Her face turned a shade redder as she spoke. And she never used Zee's full name unless she was upset with him. "That boy has been through more than we can ever imagine. And who does he trust more than us? Aside from the Boys and Tinker Bell of course. Has Peter ever had a reason to not trust you?" She addressed both of us and we just shook our heads.