Chapter 31

Peter's P.O.V.

     I am going to make Hook PAY. For everything. EVERYTHING. For ever hurting the Boys, me, and ESPECIALLY Addie. When I'm done with him--

     "Then what, Peter?" Jaz asks. He and every single warrior in the tribe were staring at my intensely, absorbing every little thing I said.

     My mind was racing through all the possible ways we could overthrow Hook. But I kept getting distracted by my thoughts of Addie. So far we had figured out how we were going to get to the ship without being noticed. We, with the help of the mermaids, were going to eat this special sea weed that allows us to breathe under water and walk the lagoon floor to the ship. I would make my grand appearance, and the rest of the tribe would be ready to attack. From there, we still needed a plan.

     I stand up and stretch. the sunlight peeking into the partially open door of the tee pee tells me we've been up all night. "Why don't we all rest, and come back to this in a few hours? This won't happen anytime soon." I smile half heartedly at the many faces before me. They all nod in agreement and groggily file out of the tent. Once the last warrior leaves and I'm alone with Jaz, Zee and Aanadi, I once again sink to the floor and lay on my stomach, closing my eyes. They lay beside me, just as we did when we were kids, and we all sigh together.

     After a few minutes I open my eyes. "I'm going for a walk." I push myself into a sitting position and run my hands through my hair.

     "Peter, you haven't slept--" Aanadi starts but I hold up my hand.

     "I'm fine." I smile reassuringly. "I need to go talk to Mickey and Lissie about the sea weed. And I need to see the Boys."

     They all smile knowingly at me and their eyes tell me to go. I smile gratefully back at them and run out of the tent. Without a second thought I leap into the air and head straight for the beach.

     They see me before I see them.

     "Peter!" Lissie and Mickey's voices call out from below. I look down and see them waving at me as they swim toward the beach. They reach the shore just as my feet touch the sand.

     "Hey you two." I greet them. I try to produce a smile but it doesn't work very well. I walk to the edge of the water and kneel down so they could pull me in for a hug.

     "We've been so worried!" Mickey says as she squeezes me.

     "Where have you been?" Lissie looks at me concerned, but there was a hint of annoyance in her eyes.

     "What?" I looked at her confused. I hadn't said anything to offend her.

     "You know Addie took on Hook, right?" She said, her face going softer.

     I hang my head. "I know."

     "We saw the whole thing, she's truly amazing. Hook never had a chance." Mickey runs her hand up and down on my arm.

     "Where is Addie anyways? Have you seen her? She told us you two.. you know... had a fight." Lissie scooted closer to me.

     "Addie's gone." I look up at the sky. "She left a couple days ago."

     "What?" They say in unison.

     My head sinks even further and I avoid their eyes.

     "Did you...?" Mickey said quietly.

     "No."  I say quietly.  "No I didn't get to say goodbye. I just came back to life yesterday and the tribe told me what went down."